Are UKIP the new BNP?

Liberal is a very misused word. In Britain it means freedom of the individual, you're not against that are you??

I am all for that, however liberals are not, IMHO. Sorry.

I think they are largely motivated by jingoism and xenophobia but just don't take it as far, and they don't seem particularly concerned about skin colour.

They have similar stances to the BNP on immigration, crime (apart from the BNP's support for the death penalty), they both oppose the scientific consensus on climate change, they both have similar stances on the teaching of history in Schools (what amounts to a revisionist jingoistic 'Britain is awesome' version of history :gag:), they both want to repeal the human rights act, they both want to increase military spending, the list goes on and on.

If they don't want to be compared with the BNP then they shouldn't share so many policies with them.

I agree there are some similarities in some policy areas, but I don't think they're jingoistic or xenophobic, I find most of UKIP policy to be quite sensible.

Hey Frank, you still haven't answered those questions - are you afraid of something?

No not at all, I can't be bothered, there's no point you're beyond hope...:hihi:

Originally Posted by Halibut

Hey Frank, you still haven't answered those questions - are you afraid of something?

You're notorious on this forum for very rarely answering direct questions that are put to you.

Has Halibut ever contributed let alone answered any questions?

I think they are largely motivated by jingoism and xenophobia but just don't take it as far, and they don't seem particularly concerned about skin colour.

They have similar stances to the BNP on immigration, crime (apart from the BNP's support for the death penalty), they both oppose the scientific consensus on climate change, they both have similar stances on the teaching of history in Schools (what amounts to a revisionist jingoistic 'Britain is awesome' version of history :gag:), they both want to repeal the human rights act, they both want to increase military spending, the list goes on and on.

If they don't want to be compared with the BNP then they shouldn't share so many policies with them.

I remember when the BNP were not just a Green party but a hard Green party.

UKIP want to get rid of the Climate Change Act, it will cost the UK billions

Godfrey Bloom MEP, the UKIP Energy spokesman said, “The news has even filtered to Brussels that the UK’s energy policies are causing harm to our economy. If anything needs to be spiked it is the economically illiterate Climate Change Act, that is to a large degree the cause of this price rise.”

He went on, “It is bad enough that British business, particularly the SME sector is being hamstrung by a knot of regulatory red tape, but worse that the UK government wants to sacrifice them and the country’s prosperity on the altar of Climate Change.”

http://ukip.org/content/latest-news/2474-climate-alarm-pushes-fuel-bills-up

the Conservatives want to get rid of the Human Rights Act

Home Secretary: scrap the Human Rights Act

Theresa May, the Home Secretary, risks an explosive rift inside the Coalition with an explicit call for the scrapping of the Human Rights Act.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/8801651/Home-Secretary-scrap-the-Human-Rights-Act.html

Where does that leave your argument?

There is a trend on SF, in the media and in politics to apply spin and gain higher moral ground by besmirching the opinions and motives of others ..... it is a nazi style attempt to silence the voice of those who do not share their opinions, a sort of growing censorship that is against the very foundation of our freedom of speech !

"I don't like what you are saying so it should not be said" :suspect:

Is that the true stance of those who litter the place with words like bigot, racist, fascist, xenophobic, homophobic, jingoism, nationalism ........ :huh:

Time for you to read and understand UKIP's Education policy;

UKIP would make teaching of British history in schools mandatory and try to ensure factual analysis teaching of the British Empire in terms of democracy, laws, freedoms and trade. It would also require schools to teach British values and reflect these in their lessons. UKIP states that it will also enthusiastically support teaching of the various Gaelic languages and histories within the UK, in Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and Cornwall. ic languages and histories in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and Cornwall.

And the 'jingoistic revisionism' is where exactly?

Are you another of those creeps who decry Britain's past successes,military,political and economical?

Did you wring your hands in sympathy with Blair when he was shedding crocodile tears about slavery?

You should be proud of your country's history,heritage and culture.

To deny your past is a crime against the future.

Nobody's actually provided any evidence of the link, as yet, is there any forthcoming?

UKIP do speak out about the ridiculous immigration situation we have endured under Labour. So this is the link the left wing nut jobs are making.

So there we have it, if you're concerned about immigration you're obviously a fascist.:huh::hihi:

So there we have it, if you're concerned about immigration you're obviously a fascist.:huh::hihi:

According to the Loony Left, aka Poisonous Polly, you are.

The truth is out there.............................

The Labour Party Leader has said that when the Labour Party was in power their immigration policy was wrong.

Ed Miliband had the following to say:

"We got it wrong in a number of respects including underestimating the level of immigration from Poland, which had a big effect on people in Britain. "What I think people were worried about, in relation to Polish immigration in particular, was that they were seeing their wages, their living standards driven down.

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2011-09-28/uk/uk-opposition-labour-party-says-their-previous-immigration-policy-was-wrong.htm

Stable door. Bolted. Horse.

UKIP took their largest share of the vote to date in the council elections, hopefully they can build on it and get a few seats at the next General Election.

I'm convinced none of the three main parties will ever get immigration right. Conservatives were promising to take it back to the tens of thousands which they've yet to deliver on. The only way we will ever be able to take real control of our borders is when we leave the EU, but none of the big three will entertain it. Enter UKIP.

UKIP took their largest share of the vote to date in the council elections, hopefully they can build on it and get a few seats at the next General Election.

I'm convinced none of the three main parties will ever get immigration right. Conservatives were promising to take it back to the tens of thousands which they've yet to deliver on. The only way we will ever be able to take real control of our borders is when we leave the EU, but none of the big three will entertain it. Enter UKIP.

This is how I see it and I share your hopes in UKIP rising as a serious political force.

The Tories promised us a referendum on EU membership.

They can't be surprised to see former Tory supporters like me taking their vote elsewhere.