A Rare Bird Sighting in Sheffield.

I shall keep a look out then! They generally flock to hawthorn trees and bushes, the last time I saw any was many years ago at Meadowhead, I have also seen them at Heeley. They are amazing I would love to see some again.

I saw a flock of Redwings a week ago at the Bannerdale Centre, I was surprised as they're not normally here until February time, so that was a nice bonus!

I see them in Meersbrook Park every year. They are usually there in the morning. I've also seen redwings and my husband saw a woodpecker yeaterday. There's often a kestrel which I saw take a sparrow in flight.

I thought this thread was going to be about the lack of female talent in Sheffield :heyhey:

*tut*

Just because YOU don't get any... :rolleyes:

These were taken recently in Hillsborough. Not by me unfortunately as some of us have to work.:(

Waxwings

Apparently there are quite a few around this year as I saw on the weather report last night that so far we've had the coldest December since 1977.

Lovely picture - thanks. I see you know Roger -if it's the Roger I'm thinking of, (Rivelin Valley Conservation Group) he's a lovely bloke.

Lovely picture - thanks. I see you know Roger -if it's the Roger I'm thinking of, (Rivelin Valley Conservation Group) he's a lovely bloke.

Different Roger I believe, Roger B it says on the photo site, he taught me my Environmental Conservation NVQ, still a lovely bloke though :thumbsup:

Most years I've seen the Waxwings near my office either on the way down Hanover Way near the Scottish Reform Church or the trees near Waitrose and Staples.

A couple of years ago there was such a big eruption they were sitting on the roofs and chimneys of Netherthorpe

I thought this thread was going to be about the lack of female talent in Sheffield :heyhey:
pmsl.... how dare you!!!:rant::love::huh::help:

Iv got a heron.... is that classed as great bird to see in ur back yard?? im not up on birds but getting into it after i saw the size of the beast! Off to get myself some nuts tommorrow...oh and a fish pond to keep the heron happy.

Crag Martin .

Visiting Chessy and saw the massed crowds of Birders.

AND

The bird itself whizzing around - Tick

There's been an even rarer bird spotted in Chessy......A Virgin:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Should be irruption :roll:

Different Roger I believe, Roger B it says on the photo site, he taught me my Environmental Conservation NVQ, still a lovely bloke though :thumbsup:

Most years I've seen the Waxwings near my office either on the way down Hanover Way near the Scottish Reform Church or the trees near Waitrose and Staples.

A couple of years ago there was such a big eruption they were sitting on the roofs and chimneys of Netherthorpe

A flock, probably about fifty descended on my Rowan tree last year. They completely stripped two thirds of the berries in what seemed like seconds leaving the lower branches full. It was a fascinating sight but also quite bizarre.