The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

Truly optimal policy is where every citizen on the planet has a say on matters that affect us all.

Okay. What about matters that primarily affect one nation and have zero or minimal effect on the rest of the world?

This is (with kind permission from Medusa) a thread to replace the closed The consequence thread which was closed largely because people kept running to the moderators and asking them to take sides.

Also do remember people (and this includes me) that swearing masked with stars or other symbols is against the rules.

We've been given a second chance here people for something I know many of us want to discuss. Let's not mess it up (this includes me as I'm as much at fault as anybody).

I imagine that once the UK has left the EU they will be able to conclude trade deals with countries like Canada without folk in Wallonia vetoing things after 7 years of trying to forge a deal.

Indeed. Precious little stability though (once labour sort themselves out). Look at education. With every new government there's a new and better way to educate kids.

Stability without change every five years would be a dictatorship, and we all know how that ends.

---------- Post added 22-10-2016 at 19:07 ----------

Truly optimal policy is where every citizen on the planet has a say on matters that affect us all.

No point having a say if what you say is ignored.

Stability without change every five years would be a dictatorship, and we all know how that ends.

48% (too short)

48% (too short)

The 48% haven't been ignored, they want to be in the EU and we have been in the EU for decades, the 52% have been ignored until now, now its time for the 52% to have it their way for a few decades.

The 48% haven't been ignored, they want to be in the EU and we have been in the EU for decades, the 52% have been ignored until now, now its time for the 52% to have it their way for a few decades.

A similar thing has happened in America, where about 48% of voters didn't vote for Obama and he has ignored them twice by residing in the White House for the last 8 years.

So when was the UK citizen ignored in the EU?

So when was the UK citizen ignored in the EU?

Every day since the day we joined.

And I'm saying stability in some areas is a good thing. We are going into a period where we will have very very little stability.

And I'm saying stability in some areas is a good thing. We are going into a period where we will have very very little stability.

Would you accept a way of doing something in a way that you disagree with in order to have stability.

Every day since the day we joined.

Interesting point of view, can you provide a clear and precise example of that?

Interesting point of view, can you provide a clear and precise example of that?

Millions of people didn't vote to be part of the EU and they didn't vote for the laws and rules that were imposed on them.