How to get rid of wasps' nest?

Does anyone know how to get rid of a wasps nest what i can't even see??? It's either on my roof, hidden behind a wood bit or in my loft but been in loft and can't actually see it in there. We have seen wasps flying into the roof bit so there must be a nest there. The noise is driving me mad, they don't even shut up at night, lol!!! Is the only solution to call someone in? If so does anyone know of anyone that can do it? Thnks.

They're not fluffy are they? :o

Guest sibon
Does anyone know how to get rid of a wasps nest what i can't even see??? It's either on my roof, hidden behind a wood bit or in my loft but been in loft and can't actually see it in there. We have seen wasps flying into the roof bit so there must be a nest there. The noise is driving me mad, they don't even shut up at night, lol!!! Is the only solution to call someone in? If so does anyone know of anyone that can do it? Thnks.

Can you live with them? They do loads of good.

If you really must get rid of the nest, try to see where the wasps go in and out. B+Q will sell you a can of wasp nest foam for about a fiver. Spray it around the entrance and that will be the end of them.

Haven't had a close up look of them

Guest sibon
They're not fluffy are they? :o

Stop it:D OK

We had one in the wall cavity, they were entering via an air brick right besides the kitchen door, i found it fascinating watching them but over the weeks as the population increased i became concerned, and rightly so as one day the buggers had me as i went outside, i was stung at least a dozen times and though i wanted to leave them be it wasn't an option as i have 4 kids.

I had to destroy them, using an insecticide powder.

As a gardener who knows the benefits of wasps it was a hard decision, but the right one.

HI i had a nest in my garage 2 yr ago saw maybe 10 wasps at a time and thought id save a bit of money and do it myself after touching the nest with a stick about 30 wasps appeared so i called a guy who advertised in the star he arrived about 2 hours later on a saturday morning and did it for about £40 he estimated it held about 2000 wasps !!!!

please dont attempt it yourself its not worth it

Just been back in loft and can't see any sign of them in there so must be on roof. I will have to call round some places tomorrow. Thanks.

Can you live with them? They do loads of good.

Do they do any good that isn't also done by other creatures?

Are you waspist. ? :suspect:

Are you waspist. ? :suspect:

Yes, I admit it. There aren't many creatures I have zero tolerance of but wasps - yes. To the OP I recommend calling in someone with experience of removing wasps nests.

Guest sibon

Yes. They kill loads of garden pests.