Bands of the sixties in Sheffield

oops sry just realised this thread is bands of the 60s

:) hiall,sry know ime still in wrong thread,but jus remembered[i think]the basement club under mucky duck was called the buccaneer.

:) hiall,sry know ime still in wrong thread,but jus remembered[i think]the basement club under mucky duck was called the buccaneer.

The Bucc was under the Grand Hotel.

:) n1,think i asked that in another post-lol-so what was the club under mucky duck called?.

:) n1,think i asked that in another post-lol-so what was the club under mucky duck called?.

Merry England Bar in the 70,s but it changed to other names, I cant remember what. Maybe Complete Angler?

:hihi: yeeeeeeeees,thnx m8,merry england it was, been try'in 2 remember that 4 yonx

I believe that Lynn Gillette used to be the lead singer of Nevada .They were very popular on the clubs in the seventies and eighties.She looked a lot like Kiki Dee and sang like her.

Can anyone remember the group Love and Confusion from the sixties,I believe they played the Mojo .

Just come across this post. Is this the same Lynne Gillette who sang in the Sue Darrel four around the Sheffield clubs in the early 70s?

I was around in the 60's and remember Tony Irvin and the Typhoons - anyone else remember them? I think Tony was a barber!

Passed by one of the old clubland great lead singers on saturday in Pistol Creaks. It was Bitter Suites Barry Marshall, still looks the same curly hair but getting grey now.

Anyone know if he is still singing, Must admit I havn't seen anything of late.

Just come across this post. Is this the same Lynne Gillette who sang in the Sue Darrel four around the Sheffield clubs in the early 70s?

Yes I am sure it is.Does anyone know where she is now ??? she had an amazing voice.I have a promo picture of the band from the late 70;s .Signed by the group

Terry Stewart --Drums

Mick Hobcraft -- Keyboards

Gary Clark -- Bass

Stan Day -- Guitar

Lynne Gillette -- Vocals

Me and the missus saw the loads of times around the Sheffield clubs and there was nobody to touch them, they were fantastic--Happy Days!!!!!

Anybody remember the Kenny Pete Quartet??? Great band around Sheffield in the early sixties, played at all the usual places - Blue Bell Hackenthorpe, Sicey Hotel etc etc. Also any one remember the band, whose name escapes me right now, led by Tony Oliver(I think!) ex Heeley Banker, he lost an arm in a motorbike accident, but again played all the usual haunts. We would meet up with him mainly at the old Arbourthorne Hotel - which I found out on a recent visit had closed down earlier this year.

In the Late Sixties and early Seventies....I was traveling around the country in a Sheffield Trio..and one of the bands we used to stay with in "Artiste digs" was "Mud" who became famous later on, we used to have some great fun with them in those days ..The lead singer "Les Grey" sadly died a couple of years ago aged 57..Now I've been informed the Drummer "Dave Mount" has also died on the 3rd of Dec aged 59.