Fuse box keeps tripping - help!!!

i would go for the boiler i have had an earth fault quite a few times on the pump that can cause the trip to go, not enough of a fault to blow a fuse but with an rcd protecting the circuit it will trip it every time.

disconnect for the downstairs circuit replace the power to the boiler with a long lead and plug it in upstairs or

take the heating circuit to its own trip on the board and alter the type of rcd ie: try an Type S for a slower trip and still keep the 30mA required trip.

bit of info here that might draw light on the subject for you.

http://www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=196

or you could find the fault and fix it . :)

We had a similar problem, found out after much scratiching of head...and it was'nt nits..lol. When the kitchen extention was put in the builder has wired a socket hting rinto the ring....so we don't use that socket anymore till we can get it re-wired.

Thanks to everyone who has provided help/serious responses. It is much appreciated!

You have not had any floor boards up or nailed anything down have you? I once went to a house where every so often the circuit would trip, the joiner had nailed into a cable putting the board down but it only tripped when someone walked on the board pushing it down that little bit extra. Also you have no flexes running under a carpet or anything? I went to a pub where their circuit kept going, they had a flex under the carpet that tripped as soon as it was walked on