How to get rid of wasps' nest?

We appear to have a wasps nest above our front door. Anyone got any ideas as to how to get rid of it?

i had the same problem a few month ago just go to b and q and look for their home brand nest spray its about 2.99 spray it tonight just before you got to bed and then again for a few nights during the week it works everytime.

What if they attack me when I go to spray it? There are about 30 of them flying in and out!!! Might have a look though this afternoon. Thank you.

They're much less likely to be out and about late into the night (especially if it's a bit chilly or raining). If you're really worried about approaching the nest then there are companies that you can employ to do the job for you, but they can cost a bit.

You can contact the council - environmental health I think. They will remove it or put you on to someone who can. There is a fee though.

Yes, Council is your best bet. Although they charge, I think they're cheaper than commercial companies and you get a guarantee that if the little beggars aren't all cleared, they'll come back and spray it again.

Quite disconcerting seeing the workman though - he's all suited up in white with a hood and helmet, looks like something out of one of the sci fi films when there's a killer disease on the loose!!

I had a wasps nest and we used some powder we put it on late at night for three days and that got rid of them I got the powder from willkinsons it was about 4 pounds well worth it especially when the council charge you 30 pounds:o:o

The main problem with all home application chemicals is delivering them properly.

If it's inside the wall, then you can have parts of the nest that won't get adequate coverage, so take care!

I hate the little beggars!

had an absolutly massive one in the loft:gag:, thousands of em, bought some rent o kill foam from wilko and went armed with two cans and a speedy escape route:D, sprayed the main nest and it just disintigrated to nothin:hihi:. you should a seen the little suckers, flapping about doing spazmodic dancing:D, killed em though! just make sure you get enough stuff cos i ran out half way through and absolutly s@@t my pants, had to run off n leave it a few days b4 i dared venture back:D but when i did they were dead

cheapest way ive ever done it was to make sure there wasnt anyone in the house,then i squirted a bottle of fairy washing up liquid in to the nest, they left within 15 minutes,dont know how it works,but it does

The only time I dealt with a wasps nest i used a gallon of petrol and a molotov cocktail. Not recommended for indoors though. :hihi:

We appear to have a wasps nest above our front door. Anyone got any ideas as to how to get rid of it?

B&Q do a good foam which worked a treat, use in the morning or at night. (Don't where yellow lol!)