Centertainment Parking - New Regulations

Do you know how much the train costs??? It's so expensive to get the train to Sheffield and then the tram to where I work. It's actually cheaper to drive. Plus the train at Conisbrough rarely turns up on time and is absolutely packed on the way home. Plus I have to wait around for 45 mins as they aren't that regular.

There is also a park and ride at malin bridge think this is a pound a day. and it is always advertised on the trams so i am guessing it is not used very often. best checking web site for info

http://www.supertram.com

Malin Bridge park and ride is hardly ever full! In fact, I don't think its ever had more than 20 cars in at any one time.

Do you know how much the train costs???

I do. You apparently don't, since you think it's cheaper to drive.

How much would it cost then to get from Conisbrough to Sheffield and then the tram up to the University per week then?

There seem to be parking possibilities close to the Carbrook tram stop on the other side of the canal (opposite the end of Lock House road) - have a look on Google Maps. There's a public footpath link to Shepcote lane via a footbridge.

:confused: Why have a park and ride policy and not provide adequate parking? Absolute crash stupidity. If Sheffield City Council do not own the Centertainment site they need to purchase adequate parking from the owners. Or make it a conditional term of the licensed usage that adequate spaces must be provided.

I am forced to travel in from Leeds because my employer moved the admin part of their business to Sheffield. It takes two and a half hours for me to get into the city centre by public transport in Leeds and then train. I get to Meadowhall at about 9:00 am now and have used Centertainment for neatly two years since they made less parking spaces at Meadowhall for non-disabled parking bvy making nearly 30 bisabled spaces that require disable people to climb two flights of steps to get to the trams and trains. Clever eh? If I cannot find a space when I arrive at Centertainment in a morning where do I go????

Crass, you mean?

The council don't own it, it's private land. And under what legislation could they require the owners to provide space for park and ride?

You might equally ask why your employer doesn't provide parking space...

Where do you go? If you've been using it for 2 years it must have happened once or twice? (And are you saying that the park and ride at meadowhall is no good, so you use centretainment?)

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/parkandridesheffield/#section2

Meadowhall - 328 spaces

Centretainment - 200 spaces

Actually, from Leeds, could you not drive to the middlewood P&R? Not whilst the rail replacement works are going on, but when that's done.

:confused: Why have a park and ride policy and not provide adequate parking? Absolute crash stupidity. If Sheffield City Council do not own the Centertainment site they need to purchase adequate parking from the owners. Or make it a conditional term of the licensed usage that adequate spaces must be provided.

I am forced to travel in from Leeds because my employer moved the admin part of their business to Sheffield. It takes two and a half hours for me to get into the city centre by public transport in Leeds and then train. I get to Meadowhall at about 9:00 am now and have used Centertainment for neatly two years since they made less parking spaces at Meadowhall for non-disabled parking bvy making nearly 30 bisabled spaces that require disable people to climb two flights of steps to get to the trams and trains. Clever eh? If I cannot find a space when I arrive at Centertainment in a morning where do I go????

Why are you responding to an eight year old thread? If you've had no problem for two years what has changed?

there are loads of park and ride possibilities, the reality is people would rather look for a free option.

However, the side effect of that is to peeve the residents whose streets get crammed with commuters, or people who want to go to the cinema, who end up getting stymied thanks to car parks full of commuters vehicles.

i do find it frustrating to see our street chocker block with cars for people using our street as a park and ride around 100 yards from the wildly underused facility at middlewood - it often displaces the cars of those living in the area when they get back from work before the commuters have collected theirs.

fwiw, i would have liked the hillsborough residents permit scheme rolled all the way up to the tram stop to help stop this happening / make people use the facility built, and maintained for their use.

I'd definitely oppose that. More than a fifty metres from the park and ride and there is no problem, but the council would happily charge everyone in the area £30 a year for the privilege of parking on the street.

a 1 months season ticket from Conisborough is £88.00 a month and £48 a month for a tram ticket say you work 20 days a month on average works out at £6.80 a day, how much do you currently spend on fuel? and parking?? might be worth thinking about