Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

American Ninja, 1985 10/10, How amazing is this film after all this years, what flashback to the childhood.

Magnum force, 1973, same as above, Clint Eastwood as dirty Harry, " "A man's got to know his limitations."

10/10

Dirty Harry is a fantastic film but I thought the sequels were generally poor with Magnum Force the best of a poor bunch.

Dirty Harry is a fantastic film but I thought the sequels were generally poor with Magnum Force the best of a poor bunch.

I though Sudden Impact was pretty good when Harry made his comeback in 1983. I think that was the one where he uttered the classic line " Go ahead, make my day" lol I think Clint also directed this one.

Edited by TORONTONY

dawn of the dead directors cut

awesome film, still, love it. 9/10

Fast and Furious 8, -7/10 Mindless fun. Just turn the brain off and enjoy non stop action and one liners. Love the Helen Mirren and reference to Watch Dogs games.

Great new cinema on the Moor! But, why is popcorn 7£ is beyond me.

American Ninja, 1985 10/10, How amazing is this film after all this years, what flashback to the childhood.

I wouldn't go as far as to give it a 10/10 even for nostalgia value. I used to love this film when I was a kid but when Paramount put in on Youtube for free last year (I think) I rewatched it and realised how cheap n' cheesy it is. Still quite fun to watch though.

Swiss Army Man - 7/10

Paul Dano, trapped alone on a small island and suicidal, finds dead Daniel Radcliffe on the beach and realises he can ride his farting corpse like a jet-ski back to the mainland. The two then form a heartwarming friendship as they travel though a forest in search of civilisation.

Weird and weirdly fun film. Whoever came up with the concept for this needs to seek professional help.

Sully. I don't go to the cinema normally but this was a one off and I did enjoy it.

The shallows. Jaws meets open water. They over-did the "peril" the shark was just OTT. I watched an episode of scorpion with a similar far fetched plot and that annoyed me too. That even with the daft story Blake lively was better than I thought she'd be. 6.5/10

Logan 4/10

Not a Marvel fan, but will watch with my partner.

Similar to Deadpool in trying to appease the adult Marvel fans by adding a ton of swearing, gorey violence and cringey scenes.

Marvel films are getting worse, Logan had a decent storyline but as soon as Patrick Stewart started <removed> this and <removed> that, I rolled my eyes and thought here we go again.

Don't get me wrong im not offended in the slightest by swearing or gory violence in films, but don't get why Marvel have recently in the last few years brought it in to their films when in the past they have never been like that.

I know Marvel have a massive fan base, but personally, for me the films have run out of steam and seem to now only bring in the bad language, gory violence and pretty tacky sex scenes (deadpool) to give the films a talking point and keep giddy teenagers interested.

i understand they are popcorn films, but to continue to serve the dross in the manner they do and make millions in the process leave me thinking they care about how much money a film will make over how good a film actually is.

Edited by nikki-red

Hunt for the Wilderpeople - 7/10 - I missed this for ages thinking it was a kids film like Where the Wild Things Are. It's not. It's a light but genuinely funny story about a foster kid who is in all sorts of trouble with the police going to live with a new family. No massive surprises and the plot has been done before, but this is one of the best 'bad kid finds family and they help each other overcome issues' film I've seen.

Hunt for the Wilderpeople - 7/10 - I missed this for ages thinking it was a kids film like Where the Wild Things Are. It's not. It's a light but genuinely funny story about a foster kid who is in all sorts of trouble with the police going to live with a new family. No massive surprises and the plot has been done before, but this is one of the best 'bad kid finds family and they help each other overcome issues' film I've seen.

I caught up with this recently on Netflix. I thought it was very well done, with a good blend of poignancy and humour. Very funny in places too. Great acting as well. I like quirky, whacky movies like this.

I last watched GREASE (1978) on VHS :)

Eagle has landed, 1976, 10/10

Rewatched this classic again, one of my favourites. Michael Caine, Donald Sutherland, Robert Duvall in their best years.

Now, I must find the book from Jack Higgins along with the sequel.