Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Must be difficult to turn off in the cinema!!!

Metaphore,.for walking out of cinema:hihi:

Must be difficult to turn off in the cinema!!!

Even projectionists can rate the last film they saw... :hihi:

Ghost in the shell ( the new one ) - 5-6 / 10

As expected of Hollywood's manga adaptation - the visuals were pretty. Acting was also good, but the build-up was way too long for such a short and thus dissapointing conclusion.

The Book Thief 7/10

Loved the book, liked the film.

Its beautifully shot, and well acted (apart from the sometimes strange accents) and shows a snapshot of Nazi Germany from a childs point of view.

If youve got a choice between the book and the film, definitely go for the book!

The Book Thief 7/10

Loved the book, liked the film.

Its beautifully shot, and well acted (apart from the sometimes strange accents) and shows a snapshot of Nazi Germany from a childs point of view.

If youve got a choice between the book and the film, definitely go for the book!

I'd have loved to but somebody stole it :hihi:

Split 7/10

This film does take a bit of patience but overall is worth a watch- possible follow up in pipeline as leaves much to the imagination.

Sleepless - 6.5/10

Jamie Foxx movie, not his best but passes the time and he plays the part well as an investigating internal affairs agent.

Logan 9/10. A very good film. Probably the best film i seen this year.

We still steal the old way 8/10. Great film with some top actors in it.

Fast & Furious 8 - 5/10 - It's a dumb movie, it's not awesome, it's just dumb. It has plot holes so large you could drive a submarine through them.

Fast & Furious 8 - 5/10 - It's a dumb movie, it's not awesome, it's just dumb. It has plot holes so large you could drive a submarine through them.
Ha! I see what you did, there - nicely played, Sir :D

Kong: Skull Island 5/10

Decent CGI-fest and outing by Hiddleston, spoiled by planet-sized plot holes and typecast shouty-shouter Samuel L. Jackson. I understand it's a premise-setting movie for a Kong V Godzilla movie to come, and it feels exactly like the background-setting 'excuse' that it is.

La La Land 7/10

"Not worth the hype, but worth the nominations", is the way I'd put it. Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling are (perhaps predictably) superb, as are jazz tidbits throughout, but the rest (story, pacing, musical/signing bits) lacks substance. I just didn't find it as engaging as the media noises suggested I would.

GITS 5.5/10

Ah, that one. Oh dear. How to convey the disappointment?

Let's just say I was as disappointed with this, having grown up on a staple of anime and seen (repeatedly for some) just about every one there is to see over decades -including the original GITS, GITS2 and the SAC GIGs series- as I was with Pitt's World War Z after (repeatedly) reading Max Brooks' original years before.

It was never going to be a 10 (it can't be a classic, when the original anime wouldn't hold much of a candle to the likes of Otomo's Akira and Ghibli's Mononoke), but could have been an easy 9. The visuals kept it 5 points, the "Hollywood treatment" lost it 4 points, but I can't decently give it less than Kong, so it gets an extra 0.5 because Johansson stepped up to play Kusanagi.

:mad:

Edited by L00b

When you said GITS I thought a prequel to The Old GITS on Harry Enfield.

Anywho, Star Trek Beyond. Pretty solid Star Trek film, half decent plot good effects, plenty of oomph. It's not going to win a hat full of awards but it kept me entertained. I liked it. 7/10

American Ninja, 1985 10/10, How amazing is this film after all this years, what flashback to the childhood.

Magnum force, 1973, same as above, Clint Eastwood as dirty Harry, " "A man's got to know his limitations."

10/10