Why Is My Car So Fast?

well its a jap car.

the japs produce fantastic engines, they have always been quite quick.

my dad has a little suzuki ignis with a 1.3 VVT engine in and its like lightning off the line. it is quite quick for what it is.

it remiinds me of one time when my mate borrowed his mums 1.1 litre citroen ax to go to college in. we got onto i nice open straight and he put pedal to the metal and i was amazed at how quick it actualy was for a 1.1. it certainly got to 90mph ok. although with it feeling quite light and cheap and wind noise coming through the door, it did feel a little scary at those speeds.

Mmmm. It is all a nice pleasant surprise...I must say.

it remiinds me of one time when my mate borrowed his mums 1.1 litre citroen ax to go to college in. we got onto i nice open straight and he put pedal to the metal and i was amazed at how quick it actualy was for a 1.1. it certainly got to 90mph ok. although with it feeling quite light and cheap and wind noise coming through the door, it did feel a little scary at those speeds.
You want to try well past 120 mph (past end of speedo) down a looong (m'way) hill, with a 3-door AX 14 TZS (1.4 with Weber carbs, same as GT but "in gladrags" rather than "with sports bits"), 'chasing' a Merc 190E Evo, way back when when in the early 90s...

...Man, was I ever that young and stupid! :hihi:

Edited by L00b

You want to try well past 120 mph (past end of speedo) down a looong (m'way) hill, with a 3-door AX 14 TZS (1.4 with Weber carbs, same as GT but "in gladrags" rather than "with sports bits"), 'chasing' a Merc 190E Evo, way back when when in the early 90s...

...Man, was I ever that young and stupid! :hihi:

oh that sounds like you had a death wish there.

those ax's felt like a B&Q fence panel shed, the wind noise always put me off, but the speed was just puzzling for what car it was lmao. certainly amazed me, it was quicker than his 1.2 litre corsa.

Edited by PlayStation

those ax's felt like a B&Q fence panel shed, the wind noise always put me off, but the speed was just puzzling for what car it was lmao. certainly amazed me, it was quicker than his 1litre corsa.

I must have done that only the once, maybe twice at most, with that car. A bad case of all the testosterone doing the driving, my hand is well up.

Around that time (late 80s minis), Pandas were far worse in the 'fence panel shed' stakes. Think rollups' paper...only thinner!

With the AX, my biggest gripe was always the steering wobble at those speeds (although it never felt unsafe, oddly)...and the chronic understeer on the wet :gag:

T'was a thirsty beast as well, for a mini - MPG well south of 30 as soon as you 'pressed it'.

But by God could this thing shift - not many 205 GTIs (1.6) and Golf GTIs could keep up. Around 750 kgs wet through went a looong way towards the 'performance'.

Edited by L00b

those ax's felt like a B&Q fence panel shed, the wind noise always put me off, but the speed was just puzzling for what car it was lmao. certainly amazed me, it was quicker than his 1litre corsa.

i had a mint lowered ax gt 1.4 was fast as f........

exac same as this one http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=ax+gt+for+sale&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1366&bih=589&tbm=isch&tbnid=Zvf_XvTCeAMUaM:&imgrefurl=http://www.modifiedcars.com/cars/31238/modified-citroen-ax-gt-mk1-1991-pictures&docid=U9U3t5mGYP-cGM&imgurl=http://www.modifiedcars.com/pix/cars_high/31238_163182.jpg&w=2000&h=1046&ei=_RGhT6L7Doqi4gSaxrGcCQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=2&sig=116357831569446103993&page=1&tbnh=94&tbnw=180&start=0&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:0,i:90&tx=95&ty=57

what amazed me was how quick the gear shifting was in that ax, it was just unreal for the size of the car and engine size.

yep i loved that car it was so low tho great for going round corners ect but my god it was a bone shaker lol but deff quick for what it was back then id have it back now prop worth a few quid aswell now days the one i had was mint aswell near showroom condition

yep i loved that car it was so low tho great for going round corners ect but my god it was a bone shaker lol but deff quick for what it was back then id have it back now prop worth a few quid aswell now days the one i had was mint aswell near showroom condition

ye the AX GT models are quite rare now and are indeed worth quite a bit.

saw one not long back a black 1.4 and it went for just over £1,200

so wish i had kept mine now then lol

Frank,

Have you checked the engine number against what's listed on the v5? Alot of people don't bother to register engine swaps with the DVLA or maybe worth checking with them to see if one has ever been registered. Also if you contact Toyota with the current engine number, they'll probably be able to give you the spec.

Have fun