Are scrap boilers worth anything ?

just had a new combi boiler fitted & the old 1 is out back .... are they worth anything ..... im skint , is any scrap man on here willing to gimme a few bob for it ?

can i take it somewhere myself & weigh it in ?

how much could i expect ?

if so where can i take it ?

i dont expect a million quid but if anyone has any idea ... let me know thx

You could try Booths near Rotherham Utd ground. http://www.cfbooth.com/contact.htm

Years ago I can remember taking my old tank there when we changed from a immersion heater to a combi, the old tank was quite large though compared to a combi.

The combi might be worth more for spare parts than scrap, just an idea.

:idea:

Do you mean the boiler? (which is probably worth a bag of marbles), or the copper hot water cylinder? ( which no doubt the plumber kindly disposed of for you), depending on the size is worth about 25-35 quid.

the combi boiler is worth nothing possibly a couple of quid top whack

It could be worth something to somebody if it has parts that were recently replaced; it's a shame to throw away perfectly good working parts. I recently had need of a replacement pump, which only needed to last for six months. I had to buy a brand-new one. There should be a breakers yard equivalent for these things.

It could be worth something to somebody if it has parts that were recently replaced; it's a shame to throw away perfectly good working parts. I recently had need of a replacement pump, which only needed to last for six months. I had to buy a brand-new one. There should be a breakers yard equivalent for these things.

ok fair enough , does anyone on here want to give me something for it ....its an aritson micro genius ....the gas valve on it is fairly new & cost me close on £150 just for that ..all parts are on it & some may be in good useable condition as spares the pcb on it is no good tho & is in the bin ......

anyone ?