Sheffield Kier repairs

Can somebody please tell me why it takes kier repairs service 4 months to repair a fall pipe what is there problem had 4 inspectors and 7 trades men look at it in 4 months now they want to sent another supervisor out with another plumber what aload of crap .... looks like another phone call to the local MP to get it sorted again ............ its about time sheffield homes contracted there work out to companys that have respect for there job and people they are working far instead of kier thinking its ok they are a council tennent they can wait, kier have know respect for the work they have to do in tennents houses they just look at as a job where they can go look at it then walk away an think oooo need to get someone else in for this just a bunch of lazy txxts that think they can do what they like because they get an hourly rate of pay so we will sit in cafe or in the van for an hour .............

No nobody on here can tell you why its took so long your best bet is to ring Sheffield Homes and ask to speak to a Co-Ordinator in the Maintenance Partnership Unit and get them to chase up the job also make a formal complaint they will respond within a certain time ( not sure what the time limit is i think it may be 21 days ) and in that letter they will should also give the reasons for Kiers poor service

Not an hourly rate though... get paid per job :) And keep chasing it up, ring every day, twice a day if you need too - they'll sort it, trust me. Oh and they have won the contract til 2014 so dont count on them going (and even when they do, the ''new'' company just hires the old staff)

they haven't won the contract it has been extended in order so that it finishes at the same time as Sheffield Homes stop sbecoming an ALMO

call for a quote! ha i was only messing! if you threaten with mp or sheff star that usually gets results, but you must follow it through! or stop your rent until it is fixed! good luck.

Don't stop your rent it is not a valid reason to stop paying rent and you may end with an NSP and eventually eviction,

rather than go to The Star or your MP your first port of call should be Sheffield Homes i have gone through that route and have always ended up with the result i wanted.

good luck

I had a brick thrown through my flat window a couple of years ago in the middle of winter,they didnt mean to hit my window!!!!!!!!! it took kier 4 months and phone calls every day before they came an replaced,the excuse was they didnt have the window pane in stock?????????????? i thought all the windows in flats were more or less a standard size

No nobody on here can tell you why its took so long your best bet is to ring Sheffield Homes and ask to speak to a Co-Ordinator in the Maintenance Partnership Unit and get them to chase up the job also make a formal complaint they will respond within a certain time ( not sure what the time limit is i think it may be 21 days ) and in that letter they will should also give the reasons for Kiers poor service

they haven't won the contract it has been extended in order so that it finishes at the same time as Sheffield Homes stop sbecoming an ALMO

Don't stop your rent it is not a valid reason to stop paying rent and you may end with an NSP and eventually eviction,

rather than go to The Star or your MP your first port of call should be Sheffield Homes i have gone through that route and have always ended up with the result i wanted.

good luck

they hate bad publicity believe me!

As mentioned your best bet is to write in and complain as this will be sent straight to a manager and will therefore be sorted much quicker.

If they dont fix the issue within the time quoted on your original repairs receipt, you have the right to repair..........

phone them up, and tell them you want to take up your right to repair.....they will panic then......this means they have to pay an independent tradesman to do your job!

you can find info on the right to repair on sheffield homes' website.

So glad I stumbled on this, I thought it was just me! Shame no-one can be bothered to address my complaint. I had 'damp' back in July and the joiner and plumber covered it up with boxing over the old damp boxing after ripping out parts of the other bathroom. Cut to a month later and the source of the damp comes to light, into the flat downstairs bathroom! Poor guy. I've been waiting, and calling constantly, since it happened at the end of September and 3 weeks later - they've finally turned up and done nothing they had booked in, with nothing that matches the original bathroom and it's dragging on and on. The call centre are useless and cant even take messages and the Sheffield Homes Offices are just decoration as they dont even forward plan the jobs for Kier. Absolutely useless, and a shame for us that have no choice but to rent trying to take pride in our homes and work full time jobs when they turn up when they feel like it -often doing nothing....and breath.

I'd complain. I wouldn't just ring up and ask them what is happening, I'd put in a complaint. It should get passed on to someone who'll look into the issue. You can contact them here: https://www.sheffieldhomes.org.uk/myCommunity/HaveYourSay/ComplaintsPraiseAndSuggestions.aspx

If this doesn't work, speak to one of your councillors.

cause they are lazy **** how walk for them and they no they will still get pay even if they dont do it it took them 2 weeks to look at my my wall