Get rid of mouth ulcers?

Salt mouthwash OK - but spit it out!!

Adcortyl in Orabase - pretty good.

Bonjela - sometimes works.

Anbesol - very good.

If you have contacts abroad try and get Anbesol Full Strength - it's a gel in very small tubes, contains steroids and carries a warning about only using it for 2 weeks. Contains Benzocaine. Works brilliantly - but of course you can't get it in this country - available everywhere else though.

I think that mouth ulcers are a form of Herpes virus and arrive at times when you're under some stress - mental or physical. So avoid stress!

Originally posted by nuf_said

I think that mouth ulcers are a form of Herpes virus and arrive at times when you're under some stress - mental or physical. So avoid stress!

Been to the doctors, apperently theres been a lot of research into ulcers but they still haven't any clue what makes them... how do they hope to cure cancer and AIDS/HIV if they cant prevent mouth ulcers? :P

anyways he told me to get some of this mouth rinse stuff, numbs your mouth and throat, so its all good, removes the pain for a couple of hours...

and how can you avoid stress? I've got my 4th driving test in the morning, Uni exams in a few weeks and I've been in heated arguments with my ex for the last week... stress? whats stress?? :P

Originally posted by xafier

Been to the doctors, apperently theres been a lot of research into ulcers but they still haven't any clue what makes them... how do they hope to cure cancer and AIDS/HIV if they cant prevent mouth ulcers? :P

anyways he told me to get some of this mouth rinse stuff, numbs your mouth and throat, so its all good, removes the pain for a couple of hours...

and how can you avoid stress? I've got my 4th driving test in the morning, Uni exams in a few weeks and I've been in heated arguments with my ex for the last week... stress? whats stress?? :P

I seem to remember Herpes Zoster and Herpes Lesion (or similar spellings) being related to ulcers. It's been 30 years since I read up about that. But my interest is revived by my son's mouth ulcers - about 5 at once and each abut the size of your little finger nail. Now that's painful.

Stress - you've got more than your fair share of stress at the moment. Good luck with sorting each bit. See Plain Talker's definition of stress - 'when you wake up screaming and then realise you weren't asleep'. Love that one.

Hello

My dad swears by this method:

Take a good quality whisky and take a mouthful, Hold over the affected area for as long as you can stand the excruciating pain that follows. You can then of course swallow it.

Although painful, dad says it will cure ulcers in 24 - 48 hrs. I can't vouch for this because I am fortunate in that I rarely suffer mouth ulcers.

Get better soon

Lekamo

Originally posted by lekamo

Take a good quality whisky and take a mouthful, Hold over the affected area for as long as you can stand the excruciating pain that follows. You can then of course swallow it.

Although painful, dad says it will cure ulcers in 24 - 48 hrs.

and if it doesn't work after a few attempts you won't care anyway!!! :D sounds like a good cure to me :D

Put a blob of bonjella on your tongue and then push it towards the back of your mouth. It wont hurt you if you swallow it cos afterall they wudnt let you put something in your mouth that is harmful to you especially when babies use it too. or if u you stand it bonjela on the end of your toothbrush or clean ear bud thingy and then dab it on

hth

Adcortyl in Orabase gets my vote - but it's like gritty vaseline :gag: damned effective though.

Dequacaine is good too. Originally for very sore throats but it's now advertised as being for ulcers. Good job really - I've been using it for them for years.

Hi all, lol to start after reading everyone's post's. I shouldn't laugh but it's nice to know i'm not on my own. I've got a little FU**ER on the bottom of my tongue, {KILLING ME} can't talk or anything. My way's of killing the thing's are: (SALT) just put it on it, it's gonna hurt but, it hurt's anyway {just not as much} lol. Do that till the whites gone then i brush my teeth {mouth} with (PEARL DROPS) that seem's to sooth it, THEN rince my mouth out with (DENTYL) normally i use (LISTERINE) that {work well} and then use this stuff called (ORAJEL) that's used for toothache, really numb's it {works well too} you can get it from any pharmacy, i got mine from azda pharmacy. I hope someone come's up with a cure soon cause i'm getting fed up with em now. lol

Idon't know how to get rid of them but I do know how to prevent them. I had been plagued with them all my adult life, until my husband read an article about toothpaste. Apparently the cause of the ulcers is a ingredient called sodium laurel sulphate. It is in most toothpastes. I have found a couple without it one is sensodyne I think it is the total care one. Also superdrug do their own much cheaper version, but either way just check on the ingredients. It worked for me and it has worked for my son and several other people that I have put on to it. Good luck with it, if you have suffered like I did it has got to be worth a try.

I am new to this hope I have explained it properly

Oil of Cloves or Anbesol work in about 1 - 2 days.