Under the Stars,learning disability friendly Disco etc

Has anyone been to one of these, theres one on 11th dec .

Thinking of going with my son who has learning disabilities. Any info.

Has no one heard of this then?

Nope never heard of it sorry!

Where can i get more information please?

Hello Thanks for posting about us. We are a 6 monthly nightclub for the over 18's in sheffield. we are a learning disability friendly nightclub run by people with learning disabilities and their friends at the hubs, the old national centre of pop. We are all volunteers and are a partnership project between Sheffield mencap, red tape music workshops, soul and fame, actions space mobile. People with learning disabilites dj and compere the night and we normally have an open mic and bands but we're not for the christmas special. Tickets are £4.50 in advance and £5 on the door available from Sheffield Mencap in person or by posting a cheque made payavble to Sheffield Mencap and sent to Under the stars, norfolk lodge park grange road, sheffield s2 3qf. Or you can email us on underthestarsnightclub@hotmail.co.uk.

Let us know if you want to know anything else, over 600 people came last time its a great night. Hope to see you there

hey

can i just say this is a great night for people of all ages, everyone I work with always has a really good time!- and the people who work there volunteer, so thanks so much for all your hard work, it really is worthwhile going.

jenny x

It's an event at The HUBS in Town (former Pop Museum on Paternoster Row), they keep sending me invites and free tickets to it but I never go, I just don't care for Discos and being in a "Nightclub" kind of environment, even if it is specifically for disabled, also contrary to popular belief, Asperger's is NOT a "learning disability" so why the Council are pestering me to attend an LD event, God only knows.

Under the Stars Night Club is really good. Lots of people go. The staff are very nice and they well support you any way passable. I am go very time and I take the pictures for them.

Here is a link

http://www.myspace.com/underthestarsnightclub

copy 'n' pase it in to IE for Firefox

The next one well be in April sometime I think not sure.

Rich you should go. You will like it. A few people with Aspergers go the Under the Stars. My Friend Anna she gos and she loves it.

Edited by andrewvideo

The next under the stars is on 16th April...at the hubs...am looking forward to it! amy x

Is anyone going to the Under the Stars?

See you on 16th April at the Hubs.

Tickets £5 per person (Carers must pay as well)

Contact Under the Stars for more information and tickets on

Telephone : 07942230249,

Email: underthestarsnightclub@hotmail.co.uk

Coming soon Under the Stars website. Keep a look out for it in here

Edited by andrewvideo

Half of our staff team supporting loads of the people the support...stating as late as they want to and going for a kebab after as well on the drunken walk home!! as it should be, if thats what they want