Jack Nicholson is 75 today, your favourite Nicholson films ?

i know what you mean Hecate, i read the novel a while ago and i too would have liked the film to have ended the way the novel did, you have it spot on about Jack Torrence, a lot of forces are at play in his past and with the Overlook Hotel.

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

and..About Schmidt

Two of my favourite films.Jack Nicholson is one of the greatest film actors ever.

I also liked him in

A Few Good Men.

As Good as it Gets.

Terms Of Endearment.

He also played the US President in Mars Attacks. Although IMO one of his best roles was as the Joker in Batman in 1989, trounces the late Heath Ledger's Joker easily IMO.

Have you ever watched a grown up film :confused:

The Shining has to be my favourite JN film, closely followed by As Good As It Gets.

I was expecting "Cuckoo's nest" to be a comedy. Other than that I have never seen a film that I liked him in and would tend to avoid films he was in.

I was expecting "Cuckoo's nest" to be a comedy. Other than that I have never seen a film that I liked him in and would tend to avoid films he was in.

Have you seen "About Schmidt"?

The Shining - fantastic film

The Pledge - underrated gem

Have you seen "About Schmidt"?

No but I will look out for it.

He also played the US President in Mars Attacks. Although IMO one of his best roles was as the Joker in Batman in 1989, trounces the late Heath Ledger's Joker easily IMO.

Poppycock, Heath Ledger outclassed Nicholson's joker in every respect.

No but I will look out for it.

If you like thought provoking films i can recommend it,and there are funny bits in it too,especially a scene with Kathy Bates.:hihi:

Although not strictly a "Jack Nicholson film", one of my favourites is Easy Rider. Nicholson only has a small role in it.

(Thanks goes to Nicholson too for inspiring Christian Slater's performance in Heathers, one of the best films of the 80s).

I think he inspired much of Slater's on-screen personas. Remember Happy Harry Hardon in "Pump up the volume?" :hihi: