Badgers in Sheffield 10

Brocco Bank gets it's name because there used to be badger setts nearby.

I have known for nearly a year that badgers live in our garden.

They started with the lawn – holes in the lawn, about the circumference and depth of a yoghurt pot.

Then in Summer I discovered three large holes in a hidden corner of the garden that must be the sett.

I have just seen my first live badger at 9:30 in the evening walking across the lawn, fully floodlit.

I think its amazing - I know some of you will not!

Its amazing. Well done and enjoy.

If its a standard yogurt pot then its not a badger. There tunnels are more like a foot across. They're the size of a small dog. Yogurt pot holes sound more like rats.

John

Yes, be careful saying where they are.

If its a standard yogurt pot then its not a badger. There tunnels are more like a foot across. They're the size of a small dog. Yogurt pot holes sound more like rats.

John

I think the yogurt pot referred to the size of the holes in the lawn John, not the sett. We get the same sort of holes in the lawn and it's badgers digging for worms and leatherjackets.

I was attacked by a badger some years ago. Frightening experience but thankfully my dog was with me and he ripped the creature limb from limb.

Thatl teach it, eh!

Beavers are great.

Leave beavers out of this.#

Beavers are great:love:

We have a badger in our garden, I have seen two together .. one comes regularly for a few peanuts... we are in S11.

We have a badger in our garden, I have seen two together .. one comes regularly for a few peanuts... we are in S11.

Sounds like an amazing trick.

How long did it take to to teach it to him?

Sounds like an amazing trick.

How long did it take to to teach it to him?

He's a quick learner. :)

He's a quick learner. :)

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Well I have seen my first live badger tonight. I was at a friends house and the back of the house lit up, I looked out of the window and there was a badger - a HUGE badger. I jumped back in shock. It was massive! I always thought they were little, cutie things. Oh no, not anymore. I daren't let my cat out at night now cos she would be no competition for a badger that size. WOW, I still can't believe I saw it.