Why are Leeds disliked by other football clubs?

:hihi: ok but it makes no difference as to the regard they're held in by those that like or loathe them, football is a lot about rivalry isn't it. Arsenal/Tottenham, Leeds/ManU, Celtic/Rangers, Millwall/everybody. I don't mind that people have an intense dislike for them, it doesn't change anything.

It's on the Wikipedia article

English Leagues

Football League First Division/Premier League

Champions (3): 1968–69, 1973–74, 1991–92

Football League Second Division/Football League Championship

Winners (3): 1923–24, 1963–64, 1989–90

English Cups

FA Cup

Winners (1): 1971–72

Football League Cup

Winners (1): 1967–68

FA Charity Shield/Community Shield

Winners (2): 1969, 1992

European competition

Inter-Cities Fairs Cup

Winners (2): 1967–68, 1970–71

So those are the stats that people are supposed to be jealous of?

1st Division title 3 times (SWFC 4)

2nd Division title 3 times (SWFC 5)

FA Cup winners 1 time (SWFC 3)

League cup winners 1 time (SWFC 1)

So the only thing above Wednesday is one dubious euro title.

I'm sure SWFC fans when they sing these songs are singing them out of jealousy....both last won a trophy 25 years ago, both are no worry at all for the actual big clubs, but Wednesday have won far more.

Leeds were a VERY cynical side under Revie,they fell over anywhere inside the box,surrounded refs,they were the architechts of keeping the ball near the corner flag when 1 up with 15 minutes to go ( MOTD when the Everton ballboy ran on the pitch with the ball and placed it for Sprake to kick on the edge of the 6 yard box summed that up!) They werent without talent but their tactics were shamefull,including offering wolves players money to lose a game so that leeds won the title.

Revie was shameless and leeds epitomised their chief.

The irony was that when they reached the final of the european cup,the referee couldnt be bought and made the point with one of the most biased officiating performances in a euro final ever witnessed!

Just makes the rest of football wonder how many of their titles they won under Revie,and how many the BOUGHT OR BRIBED their way to!

Horrible club with disgusting fans,if we had one club in this city,wed double the gates they gate week in week out in any division!

Edited by staninoodle

Leeds were a VERY cynical side under Revie,they fell over anywhere inside the box,surrounded refs,they were the architechts of keeping the ball near the corner flag when 1 up with 15 minutes to go ( MOTD when the Everton ballboy ran on the pitch with the ball and placed it for Sprake to kick on the edge of the 6 yard box summed that up!) They werent without talent but their tactics were shamefull,including offering wolves players money to lose a game so that leeds won the title.

Revie was shameless and leeds epitomised their chief.

The irony was that when they reached the final of the european cup,the referee couldnt be bought and made the point with one of the most biased officiating performances in a euro final ever witnessed!

Just makes the rest of football wonder how many of their titles they won under Revie,and how many the BOUGHT OR BRIBED their way to!

Horrible club with disgusting fans,if we had one club in this city,wed double the gates they gate week in week out in any division!

Is that you Mr Clough ? LOL :hihi: kidding aside, you are spot on.

Is that you Mr Clough ? LOL :hihi: kidding aside, you are spot on.

Clough was a guy you could admire,he took his team into europe and won the major prize unlike Revie who thought money bought everything,its why he failed with England.

Leeds had a talanted side,of that theres little doubt,but the way they went about their game always left a foul taste in your mouth.

Clough was a guy you could admire,he took his team into europe and won the major prize unlike Revie who thought money bought everything,its why he failed with England.

Leeds had a talanted side,of that theres little doubt,but the way they went about their game always left a foul taste in your mouth.

Brian Clough had the last laugh on Leeds, who dismissed him after a 6 weeks, that's for sure. He is still the only Englishman to manage a team to 2 European Cups ( Champions League) in a row.

Edited by TORONTONY

I believe they will be in the premiership next season. And under Monk they will be there to stay.

Fingers crossed Glenn

How did that one work out for you then ???

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

always the bridesmaid, rarely the bride. Oh and a bunch of dirty ******** to boot.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

They've now even been forced to backup all the bravado and promises from earlier in the season

Leeds United say they will honour a promise to partially refund fans who bought season tickets for 2016-17 if they miss out on the play-offs.

Fans who bought a season ticket for the Championship club before the end of May 2016 will get 25% of their money back.

The club had pledged to give refunds of 50% if they sold 15,000 tickets, but they did not reach that number.

Edited by geared

Brian Clough had the last laugh on Leeds, who dismissed him after a 6 weeks, that's for sure. He is still the only Englishman to manage a team to 2 European Cups ( Champions League) in a row.

Paisley might sound like a Scottish name but Bob was English. :)

I'm not a Leeds fan but I did think they would make the top 6 this year under Monk. Hope seventh does n't cost him his job !

But very happy to see the Owls make the play offs, and the Blades move up a division. Still a possibility of two Sheffield derbys next year !

I'm not a Leeds fan but I did think they would make the top 6 this year under Monk. Hope seventh does n't cost him his job !

But very happy to see the Owls make the play offs, and the Blades move up a division. Still a possibility of two Sheffield derbys next year !

While I would love to see the Wednesday or Huddersfield get promoted, I'd also like to see Bradford win their play-offs and make the Championship full of Yorkshire sides. Just a shame Rotherham had to spoil it by getting relegated in about February.

Its so important to note that if one or more of the Yorkshire clubs go to the premier league, Their priorities must be:

1) to quickly get the players to stay up (last Premier league promotion, Blades went up but the team stayed largely the same and they came straight back down)

2) get top end managers, preferably from the UK, to both keep them in place, say years 1-4, and then head them towards the top 10

3) to get the equity needed to transform the team, and enable suitable player spending

Question in my mind is can both Sheffield clubs get to the Premier league and stay there ? Is the fan base large enough for the two and can both clubs draw the finance that is necessary to be successful.