Possible scams??

Anyone in the world can buy a virtual number anywhere in the UK, the 0161 number probably bears no resemblance to the originator of the call.

I'm starting to get ppi/ crash claims from new 0114 4 numbers.

I get so many scam calls I only answer now if I know the number or am expecting a call.

If someone wants me they can leave a message.

Be aware some of these callers are very convincing and have well rehearsed answers to every objection you come up with,sadly they prey on the old and vulnerable.

This e mail from Alphonsus Igboeri

Good Day

All my efforts to reach you on phone has proved abortive.

Please find the attached for your attention.

Best Regards

The sender's name alerts you!

So the attached contains malware that locks up your computer until you pay a ransom (and maybe paying the ransom does not fix it).

Delete it.

if you have to ask "is this a scam?" it probably is. Unless youve been waiting for a call from Alphonsus Igboeri

You have a mobil phone? a house phone? a letter box?

and your hard to contact.

Wake up and smell the coffee. Never open up attachments from strangers, and I even scan attchments/emails from friends just in case.

I heard about a different scam coming from America your phone rings and a voice says can you hear me ? If you say yes it charges your bill.

I received a particularly good one today. Apparently BMW have randomly chosen me to be the new owner of a brand new top of the range 2016/17 BMW X7

... They just need to actually make it first, but when/if BMW ever get round to it, I'm top of the queue it seems.

I heard about a different scam coming from America your phone rings and a voice says can you hear me ? If you say yes it charges your bill.

Sounds unlikely. Snopes aren't sure