Who remembers being caned at school?

do you remember ever being caned at school or getting slippered

i did many a time in front of all the school

what did you get caned for :hihi:

I got slippered at about 7 yrs old for cutting up some display paper :(

I got caned once on each hand for forgettting to go to school one day, more commonly known as waggin it!! Although to be fair we did choose to spend the day furthering our thirst for knowledge in the City library. Happy days!

I used to get the stick every day because as soon as there was any writing to do with those old steel pens my page would look as if a spider had walked on it.Come here boy,Whack Whack. I hated school.

I played truant with the kid next door I think one of the snotty 'teachers pet' happened to say" They live next door to each other".

This was at Colley School 1950/1, we spent the day in Grenner Woods

Mr Birch had us in his office with Mr Shaw in attendance and gave us 6 of the best on the palm.

When I was questioned I said i did not know the neighbour was also off school, to which Mr Birch looked at Mr Shaw and said "Have you ever seen pigs fly?".All this without even checking with the parents to see if it was a genuine absence.

I have no complaints

i hade the cane,for blowing a rassberry when the teacher bent over,and our whole class got it one day,we were told to write about our school,what we liked and disliked,we did,the teachers didnt like the end result so we all got the stick

ive also had the slipper,the board cleaner thrown at me and dozens of bits of chalk :hihi:

one woman teacher was so evil she would take your hand and thump the back of it against the corner of the desk,this caused my cousin to call her an evil bag,so she made her put soap in her mouth,the day after the same teacher was made to eat the full block of lifeboy by my auntie mable

the teachers were very cruel to the kids,one used acid to remove girls nail varnish,the same one walked around with a cane up his sleeve and would lash you with it for any reason he could think of,other teachers used to borrow fags of the kids and pay them back at the end of the month,then cane them for having fags on them :loopy:

Yes, got caned for wagging it all afternoon with some other kids. I was so proud, being a girl, and showed my red marks off to the other kids.:D

"Six of the Best" was quite common in the 40's and 50's at Shiregreen School...When you took your punishment you had to keep yourself from showing any kind of pain..the slightest detection of a tear and you were doomed...You would be regarded by your classmates as a "Sissy" ..And as you returned to your desk they would make remarks such as "Look He's Roorin" and laugh at you.....After a good caning you couldn't hold a pen for a least 30 min's and the whelts stayed till the next day.

You can still get the cane a Le Chambre and other establishments in the Attercliffe area.

Regarding having chalk thrown at you, I have never heard of that but, as they say, "whatever turns you on"

I remembered being caned by a teacher at Hillsborough County school about 1953.

He gave me six strokes and badly bruised all my fingers so that I couldn't hold a pen which defeated the object of education and showed what kind of a sadist he was.

It's a miracle my father didn't throttle him.

Unhappy Days!

i wasnt caned but ive been slippered and had board rubbers chucked at me :D

I was caned and slippered more times than I care to remember.

The teachers started to worry when I started to enjoy it though and when I started wearing French Knickers for my canings they became more than mildly concerned...