Where Can I Get A Real Christmas Tree That Won't Drop Needles?

Nordman fir is what you need.

Even ehen they dry out the needles still seem to be retained by the tree.

Very soft to the touch too.

Bents green nurseries have them in.

The usual price is £20 upwards.

Decided to have a real one this year now the kids are a bit older, but don't want to be constantly sweeping up the needles. Anyone know which is the best type to buy and where I can get one from? :banana:

i buy mine every year from trowell trees just past coal aston, always very good!

You can buy a special no needle drop spray on ebay too. Not sure how effective it is but it's meant to at least slow the process down!

I always get mine from Morrisons on the Sheffield Parkway.

Ask for one that holds its needles. Mine have always kept their needles all the way through till January, and thats from buying them at the beginning of December.

They are always friendly and helpful, and even carry it to the car for me.

If you get the Nordmann Fir - and assuming it's got roots! - make sure you keep it watered. They dry out in no time with our warm centrally heated rooms, so give it a bit of moisture every morning.

If you get the Nordmann Fir - and assuming it's got roots! - make sure you keep it watered. They dry out in no time with our warm centrally heated rooms, so give it a bit of moisture every morning.

i water mine 2 times a day

the brookhouse florist at fulwood has some fantastic nordman fir in (less needle fall) they are around 6ft and are £30 delivered tel 0114 2302002

Natural Trees

There are three main varieties of Christmas trees; pine, fir and spruce. They all differ slightly with varying lengths of needles, longevity and scent. Most trees will hold their needles for around 6 weeks, but fir trees tend to hold their needles longest. Colin and Justin will talk through these:

- Fir: Nordman Fir Christmastreeland.com £29.99

- Spruce: Christmastreefarm.co.uk from £13.50

- Lodgepole pine £22.99 Christmastreefarm.co.uk from £15

- Potted Christmas tree Crocus £29.99

Just copied this from the this morning website.

Don't know if websites are any good.

There are several garden centres out Coal Aston way where you can get them. We just bought our tree today from one called Wards for £20, which was nearly 8ft high and a Nordmann. Interestingly, we saw smaller ones for £42 in the Ferndale garden centre just down the road, so watch out! Apparantly Troway Hall Nursery has a good selection reasonably priced too.

Just Natural at crookes have them

Those trees are only just natural aren't they though.

*Cringes*