Guest makapaka
I can be critical of a player,but wouldn't necessarily come onto a Forum and make numerous posts over an eighteen month period repeating the same thing though...

Here's another one then - why do you keep reading and posting on this thread?

Just don't open it.

Same applies.

Here's another one then - why do you keep reading and posting on this thread?

Just don't open it.

Same applies.

Why do i keep reading and posting on this thread...? Good question...

Probably for exactly the same reason's that you do..

Still doesn't get away from my earlier comment....its the same people moaning about the same things over a period of 18 months and 400 plus posts...

and what has it achieved...?

I tuned in to RS for a weather/traffic update this morning, and thought I was listening to Alan Partridge on North Norfolk FM. Why?

The Breakfast "Show" was encouraging listeners to ring in to say whether they had a "knob" or "knocker" on their doors. Cue Mr Foster's opportunity to repeat "knob or knocker" as many times as he could, accompanied by his co-presenters' inane giggling and chuckling. About as funny as "Mrs Brown's Boys".

I wish it HAD been North Norfolk FM, for that is genuinely funny, parodying, as it does, the format and style of dumbed-down Radio as typified by Foster, Pressman, et al.

I tuned in to RS for a weather/traffic update this morning, and thought I was listening to Alan Partridge on North Norfolk FM. Why?

The Breakfast "Show" was encouraging listeners to ring in to say whether they had a "knob" or "knocker" on their doors. Cue Mr Foster's opportunity to repeat "knob or knocker" as many times as he could, accompanied by his co-presenters' inane giggling and chuckling. About as funny as "Mrs Brown's Boys".

I wish it HAD been North Norfolk FM, for that is genuinely funny, parodying, as it does, the format and style of dumbed-down Radio as typified by Foster, Pressman, et al.

I think you'll find it's North Norfolk Digital ;)

Dore and Totley are seperate places aren't they? next to each other sure, but two distinct places.

And your point is?

It's a quote from the unreliable Rony.

It shows where he lives and the lifestyle he enjoys, which as I said is far removed from the ordinary folk and their daily concerns. Unless of course he occupies one of the very few council properties to be found in Totley. I'm unaware of any in Dore.

He's a professional broadcaster - fine. But also is a professional Sheffielder, which is objectionable and bogus.

But when did insulting your audience ever concern RS?

Edited by Owethemnowt

And your point is?

It's a quote from the unreliable Rony.

It shows where he lives and the lifestyle he enjoys, which as I said is far removed from the ordinary folk and their daily concerns. Unless of course he occupies one of the very few council properties to be found in Totley. I'm unaware of any in Dore.

He's a professional braodcaster - fine. But also is a professional Sheffielder, which is objectionable and bogus.

But when did insulting your audience ever concern RS?

I hear "Dore and Totley" a lot. No one says, "I live in Ecclesfield Chapletown" or "Hillsborough Walkley". :help:

What about this afternoon. How depressing, "let's hear how you got over the death of your pet"

Radio went straight off..

Absolute radio -Excellent line up of music and not to bad for adds also absolute 80s is good if you like that era.

Planet rock-Very few adds and great selection of music.

Magic was good but awful since Hallam 2 took over.

Thanks Fudbeer.

I listen to Absolute Radio 90s occasionally, when I've suffered enough of Our Tobias doing me 'ead in. They play some good music but have too much inane chatter like this morning, several presenters discussing that midwifery drama on the telly at weekends.

I didn't know there was an Absolute 80s, I'll give 'em a listen.

I listen to Magic too. They're also good, but for some reason (the Sheffield hills perhaps ?) I can only get them in the west of the city.

Yes, other stations are also available but I don't care to hear about road closures in Bristol, neither do I want to buy a new car on finance (90% of the adverts are for that) :help:

One more thing, why does every commercial radio station presenter have either an awful cockney or a Manc accent ? I suspect people from other cities do not aspire to present a commercial radio station.

I hear "Dore and Totley" a lot. No one says, "I live in Ecclesfield Chapletown" or "Hillsborough Walkley". :help:

Point taken.

I think it's an affectation. They are two independent quite separate areas of the City, clearly expensive properties and benefiting from far fewer of the social problems associated with all cities.

I think environment clearly informs opinion.

Looking down on on us from [let's be honest] leafy Dore, patronising the public and then retreating to the affluent suburbs where the likes of Jessica Ennis [ More 'Dime' then Dame as she's now all about the money ] can afford to live isn't my idea of being in touch with, let alone part of the common people.

For that's how we are made to feel; common and thick.

Not so much Radio Sheffield as Radio Shine ....... [ must check the spelling]

Edited by Owethemnowt

The quickest way to make change to any radio station is to stop listening to it. Audience figures are everything to broadcast media.

In the meantime there are plenty good radio stations with quality programming out there.

Name one please ?

I recommend Radio 4Extra, Radio5 Live, Radio 6, and World Service (all BBC).

Guest makapaka
Point taken.

I think it's an affectation. They are two independent quite separate areas of the City, clearly expensive properties and benefiting from far fewer of the social problems associated with all cities.

I think environment clearly informs opinion.

Looking down on on us from [let's be honest] leafy Dore, patronising the public and then retreating to the affluent suburbs where the likes of Jessica Ennis [ More 'Dime' then Dame as she's now all about the money ] can afford to live isn't my idea of being in touch with, let alone part of the common people.

For that's how we are made to feel; common and thick.

Not so much Radio Sheffield as Radio Shine ....... [ must check the spelling]

I've never been made to feel common or thick - why does where the presenters live make any difference?

Guest busdriver1
I recommend Radio 4Extra, Radio5 Live, Radio 6, and World Service (all BBC).

Radio 4 does it for me, intelligent conversation and coverage from further than the end of our street.

Mind broadening rather than parochial drivel.