Moving: Cool "alternative" shops?

Originally posted by tussi

shop at rocky horrors. expect the unexpected.

the "unexpected" being loads of teenagers buying anything black.

Originally posted by Guest

The only shop to get groovy clothes from: freshmans boutique.

http://www.freshmans.co.uk

Its off Division Street on a road called Carver or Carnival Street -- the one with the Walkabout at the other end. Stocks loads of new n old stuff n loads of stuff from http://www.pop-boutique.com

:D Have fun...

Seriously, who wants to wear secondhand clothes? I can't think of anything worse!

i always buy my clothes from charity shops :suspect::confused:

I've never understood people who do that. Is it because you want to support a charity? If so, why not make a donation? Or is it because clothes in charity shops are cheap?

because most shops that sell clothes like gap are ****ing evil and clothes from charity shops are cheap and fit better because there a bit worn, you can get great stuff, i also shop at primark too:clap:

Originally posted by komal

because most shops that sell clothes like gap are evil

I'd agree with that, shame I don't practice what I preach as I am sitting here in adidas trainers.

Originally posted by Diana Maratty

Try KICK ASS ANGEL on London Rd - she has some really cool stuff for clubbing etc.

I would heartily indorse this suggestion. Kick Ass is a fantastic shop. they have brilliant clothing, fantastic shirts/jeans/jackets/jewelry/belts etc... And right across the road is an army surplus store [jayjays?]where you can get boots and things with camoflage etc..

Kick Ass Angel's Website

Originally posted by komal

because most shops that sell clothes like gap are ****ing evil and clothes from charity shops are cheap and fit better because there a bit worn, you can get great stuff, i also shop at primark too:clap:

How can you be concerned about how ethical GAP is and still eat Green & Blacks chocolate which is not Fairtrade? A double standard surely?

I don't agree with secondhand clothes fitting any better. Also the whole idea of wearing clothes is that it's a luxury and for that reason I'd rather someone hadn't worn my shoes, chinos, polo shirts and dress shirts before I have!

If you thought meadowhall was cool I suspect you were on pot and what you actually saw was a mirage of an Igloo

Originally posted by JonJParr

Also the whole idea of wearing clothes is that it's a luxury

I thought the idea was to keep warm :confused:

Originally posted by JonJParr

How can you be concerned about how ethical GAP is and still eat Green & Blacks chocolate which is not Fairtrade? A double standard surely?

The Green and Blacks bar I am currently scoffing has a fair trade logo on it

I like charity shop clothes because at least what you see is what you get - they don't shrink or change shape or colour the first time you wash them, also it's less likely I'll bump into someone else wearing the same thing, and it's giving money to a good cause. What do people in other countries do with clothes they want to get rid of, I've never seen a charity shop in France for instance