Lydgate Reservoir Evelyn Rd Planning consultation Evelyn Rd S10

I have started this thread to allow the exchange of views and opinions about

proposed planning consultation / permission to turn Lydgate Reservoir ,

At the Top of Evelyn Rd. into a site for 20 Houses

I personally would object mainly because of access to the site and increase of Traffic and resulting noise pollution.

please see

http://sheffield-consult.limehouse.co.uk/portal/sdfcps/additional_sites/additional_sites?pointId=1326358241513

Totally against this planned development. The attraction of this location is the quiet cul de sac. A developmemt of this size would have a massive impact. The increased traffic would turn a quiet street into a main road. The impaact on the local environment and the property market would also be horrendous. is need to look elsewhere in Sheffield for land. There are a number of sites locally, Bole hill has only recently has some new builds and would be a much more suitable location.

Totally against this planned development. The attraction of this location is the quiet cul de sac. A developmemt of this size would have a massive impact. The increased traffic would turn a quiet street into a main road. The impaact on the local environment and the property market would also be horrendous. is need to look elsewhere in Sheffield for land. There are a number of sites locally, Bole hill has only recently has some new builds and would be a much more suitable location.

A typical nimbie response.Bole Hill , an ancient lead mining area must be preserved at all costs.It has outstanding views to the Peak District.Your mention of a main road is based on the traffic generated by an extra dozen dwellings,perhaps 15 vehicles.It is hardly an embryonic M64,and yoiu have protested too much.Best wishes to the developers for tidying up this despoiled brownfield site.

I have sent an email to the Crosspool forum http://crosspool.info/crosspool-forum/

asking them to run an article in the Clarion , To bring it to the attention of the surrounding area.

One of the main reasons I bought my house where I did was because it was so quiet

and no through traffic.

If Evelyn rd was to be the only point of access to this site the residents of the Rd. know the problems this will cause. The Rd. is just not wide enough.

We all know that if some one parks badly or some one parks on the rd. who does not live on the Rd. the bin lorry cant get up, so how could a fire engine get up?

Would this mean that all the trees would have to be removed and the Rd. widened ?

I would urge all of you with any concerns to register on the :-

http://sheffield-consult.limehouse.co.uk/portal/sdfcps/additional_sites/additional_sites?pointId=1326358241513

Login / Register at the top of the page

see Guide on using the site

http://sheffield-consult.limehouse.co.uk/common/help.jsp?tagNames=PFlivedocument

You may be in favour of building new houses so still register and submit your comments .

I know its only early and its a consultation but start the ball rolling now!

Edited by Smithers
missing text

Crosspool Forum’s next Open Meeting will take place on Thursday 26 January at St Columba’s church. It starts at 7pm.

Come along and give your concerns on local issues to local councillors, the police and officials.

I have started this thread to allow the exchange of views and opinions about

proposed planning consultation / permission to turn Lydgate Reservoir ,

At the Top of Evelyn Rd. into a site for 20 Houses

I personally would object mainly because of access to the site and increase of Traffic and resulting noise pollution.

please see

Seems like a perfectly reasonably development in context. Yes they'll need access to the site up Evelyn Road while they're doing the building, but it's not like that'll take forever; and when they're done, you've just got a new set of normal houses. The extra traffic from the new houses won't be much to worry about either; it'll still be a cul-de-sac, just with 42 houses instead of 22.

Seems like a perfectly reasonably development in context. Yes they'll need access to the site up Evelyn Road while they're doing the building, but it's not like that'll take forever; and when they're done, you've just got a new set of normal houses. The extra traffic from the new houses won't be much to worry about either; it'll still be a cul-de-sac, just with 42 houses instead of 22.

looking at the national average of cars per household , I would think your looking at

28 cars for 20 houses or more if they are 3 bedrooms

I would consider that an large increase in traffic on a rd like this?

I would like to see alternate access to the site if that was possible.

I'm not objecting to the building of new houses ,we all need somewhere to live

But Access seems to be the main issue. This Rd. is just not suitable

Also why is the dam been decommissioned ? the selling off of land owned by the water companies seems to be more common place. As soon as we have a dry period

We are told to stop using our hose pipes. Investment in storage of water should be top of these companies agendas. Just like every thing these days its how can we make money fast. In my opinion the Water should have remained a Nation asset.

But that's an another issue.

something else to take in to consideration

Also when people at the new houses have visitors and parking is full in their allotted parking places where do they park? , The nearest parking available our Rd.

I've not looked in detail, but are you saying that an additional 20 families turns a quiet road into a main road?

And what's your objection on the property market ground?

something else to take in to consideration

Also when people at the new houses have visitors and parking is full in their allotted parking places where do they park? , The nearest parking available our Rd.

Where do your visitors park?

I have sent an email to the Crosspool forum http://crosspool.info/crosspool-forum/

asking them to run an article in the Clarion , To bring it to the attention of the surrounding area.

One of the main reasons I bought my house where I did was because it was so quiet

and no through traffic.

If Evelyn rd was to be the only point of access to this site the residents of the Rd. know the problems this will cause. The Rd. is just not wide enough.

We all know that if some one parks badly or some one parks on the rd. who does not live on the Rd. the bin lorry cant get up, so how could a fire engine get up?

Would this mean that all the trees would have to be removed and the Rd. widened ?

I would urge all of you with any concerns to register on the :-

Login / Register at the top of the page

see Guide on using the site

http://sheffield-consult.limehouse.co.uk/common/help.jsp?tagNames=PFlivedocument

You may be in favour of building new houses so still register and submit your comments .

I know its only early and its a consultation but start the ball rolling now!

Just how many fires have you had in your street over the last decade?