Charles William 'Grazzi' SHAW

I am researching my uncle Charles William 'Grazzi' Shaw born 6.9.15 in Sheffield to Charles Sidney & Emily nee Jarvis. He was q/m Sergeant in C Squadron 1st SAS in 1944 and married my Aunty Betty that year. If my research is correct he had a sisters Annie born 1918 and Judith born 1938. I understand that post war he was a magistrate and in the 60s worked in Cyprus before moving to Australai where he died 25.4.82.

An family information or other of anysort welcomed

Bill Whitney

I am researching my uncle Charles William 'Grazzi' Shaw born 6.9.15 in Sheffield to Charles Sidney & Emily nee Jarvis. He was q/m Sergeant in C Squadron 1st SAS in 1944 and married my Aunty Betty that year. If my research is correct he had a sisters Annie born 1918 and Judith born 1938. I understand that post war he was a magistrate and in the 60s worked in Cyprus before moving to Australai where he died 25.4.82.

An family information or other of anysort welcomed

Bill Whitney

Just looked on Ancestry and seen that there's a military record for Charles Sydney Shaw, is he the same man who died of wounds 03.11.1916 wife Emily Shaw of 16, Bailey Lane?

I realise this isn't the relative you're looking for but, thought it may help with your family history.

Hi

Many thanks. Have Grazzi marriage cert and all it told me was that C S was dead and gave his occupation as a clark

Bill

Edited by smokingbill

Hi

Many thanks. Have Grazzi marriage cert and all it told me was that C S was dead and gave his occupation as a clark

Bill

Well, it appears that he died in WW1. Do you have access to Ancestry/FMP to obtain his service records?

Hi

Found him on the war graves commission site. Has put me back a bit as what I thought was his sister from searches born in 1918 cannot be so

Cheers

Bill

Looking at Charles Sydney Shaw's military record for WW1:

Charles Sydney Shaw born 1890, Private 6231 1/5th. Batt. Yorks & Lancs.

Wounded: 03.11.1916

Died of Wounds 03.11.1916

Mother: Susan Lavinia Shaw living at 394 Brightside Lane

Sister: Nellie Warrinder living at 408 Brightside Lane

Brothers: Frank living at 88 Rushby Street & John Harry living at 394 Brightside Lane

Wife: Emily Shaw living at 16, Bailey Lane

Son: Charles William born 06.09.1915

Daughter: Jessie born 11.02.1914

Wife Emily Shaw granted pension of 22/11d per week for herself and 2 children from 21.05.1917

Edited by DUFFEMS