Strong winds Monday

Seen on tv that we are in for Bad weather Monday, v strong winds so don't forget to fasten down the hatch and hold on tight:D

Well as it's Mexican food & Drink weekend for me, I'm in total agreement with you.

Seen on tv that we are in for Bad weather Monday, v strong winds so don't forget to fasten down the hatch and hold on tight:D

According to BBC we could get heavy rain & stronger winds, but the storm force ones are set for Cornwall and such; mind weathermen never get it right.

Was out yesterday afternoon with the dogs on the hills above the Flouch and one big gust had my flatcap off my head and i spent the next five minutes chasing it around the moor. :hihi::hihi: Luckily for me one of my Border Collies managed to pin it down and picked it up. The only down side being i had to wipe the dogs slaver off my cap before putting it back on. :gag:

Was out yesterday afternoon with the dogs on the hills above the Flouch and one big gust had my flatcap off my head and i spent the next five minutes chasing it around the moor. :hihi::hihi: Luckily for me one of my Border Collies managed to pin it down and picked it up. The only down side being i had to wipe the dogs slaver off my cap before putting it back on. :gag:

Good job you weren't in a field of cows, you could have tried 45 on before you found yours. :hihi::hihi:

Is it coming On Monday 28th? Or is it just scaremongering?

I remember the 1987 storm not affecting us in sheffield very much but The Burns Day storm of 1990 being truly terrifying, my experience of these weather warnings since then is that because they got the 1987 storm forecast so wrong they tend to exaggerate them so they can't be accused of not giving sufficient warnings..

..having said that this does look like a particularly bad one.

Everyone should be sent home on full pay.

Its too dangerous to go to work

Is it coming On Monday 28th? Or is it just scaremongering?

I remember the 1987 storm not affecting us in sheffield very much but The Burns Day storm of 1990 being truly terrifying, my experience of these weather warnings since then is that because they got the 1987 storm forecast so wrong they tend to exaggerate them so they can't be accused of not giving sufficient warnings..

..having said that this does look like a particularly bad one.

It doesn't even exist yet...

Hi, threads merged as its about the oncoming weather.

Thanks.

And I was about to start one about the oncoming weather expected here, lol.:)

Oh well....

The worst is expected "Darn Sarf" as they say...with Wales next in line.

I dunno what to do?

And I was about to start one about the oncoming weather expected here, lol.:)

Oh well....

The worst is expected "Darn Sarf" as they say...with Wales next in line.

I dunno what to do?

Just carry on as normal....SIMPLES :)