Lydgate Reservoir Evelyn Rd Planning consultation Evelyn Rd S10

Not in relation to the numbers homeless,and not at affordable rates.

What gave you the impression the housing built here would be affordable? If it is it would be great, as children raised in the area cannot afford to stay in the area in many cases.

Edited by scargill

Does this pass for entertainment in Crookes?

NO, but trying to be funny and failing obviously passes for entertainment in your head.

NO, but trying to be funny and failing obviously passes for entertainment in your head.

This could be the start of a philosophical debate but I suspect this would be outside your comfort zone given your frequent spelling calamities.:hihi:

You imagine the need to be able to spell would halt a philosophical debate, why?

You imagine the need to be able to spell would halt a philosophical debate, why?

Could you pose your question conventionally please?

on the whole they park elswhere, mainly on the bottom road where the pub used to be, but once they put 6 houses on there that wont be an option. I am sat here now watching the bin lorry struggle to get up the road.

So you're worried about loosing the extra parking you have.

Of course if there used to be a pub then presumably you managed to cope when people came to that pub, so 20 families won't be worse than that will it!

All new housing developments have to include some affordable housing. And of course building new houses helps to stop the prices going up anymore.

So you're worried about loosing the extra parking you have.

Of course if there used to be a pub then presumably you managed to cope when people came to that pub, so 20 families won't be worse than that will it!

All new housing developments have to include some affordable housing. And of course building new houses helps to stop the prices going up anymore.

Hi Cyclone

I am not sure if you knew the Hallamshire hotel, but not many people drove to the pub, the ones that did used the car park, which will be built on as part of the development of the site.

I personally am not worried about loosing any parking, but I am concerned about access of services, the current road gets very congested at times. I just hope that as part of the development sufficient parking is planned for residents and visitors. I haven’t expressed an opinion on the development, just answered some of the questions raised by others.

I would like to see the full planning application prior to jumping to a conclusion.

What is un-needed housing-is it like unnecessary homes?TTell this to one of the homeless families in the UK-perhaps you would allocate some of your spare rooms to house them?

This could be the start of a philosophical debate but I suspect this would be outside your comfort zone given your frequent spelling calamities.:hihi:

Pot - Kettle - black, springs to mind :rolleyes:

Park out side someone elses property forcing them to park and walk, a park and walk chain reaction, where would it stop, the people at Lodge Moor parking in Derbyshire?

Why not? Many people of Derbyshire seem to park in S10/S11 and then bus into City Centre where they work.

Pot - Kettle - black, springs to mind :rolleyes:

Yes I agree but I have a stutter and I type as I ssspeak,mmy aaapologies.:hihi:

Why not? Many people of Derbyshire seem to park in S10/S11 and then bus into City Centre where they work.

Nice one, Cyril:hihi:

Paper copies are available to view at all Sheffield Library branches, including the Reception, Reference and Information section in the Central Library; at First Points at Howden House in the City Centre, Chapeltown, Crystal Peaks, Hillsborough and Manor Top. The nearest of these venues to Lydgate Reservoir is Broomhill Library. If you are unable to visit one of these facilities and do not have access to the internet, then please contact us and copies will be made available to you.

1.5 You can send us your views by one of three ways:

Online – this allows you to connect your comments with the document and maps and send your views directly to us at http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/sdfconsult

By email: sdf@sheffield.gov.uk

By post, to: SDF Team, Development Services, Sheffield City Council, Howden House, 1 Union Street, Sheffield S1 2SH

1.6 We have organised drop-in sessions where you can come and talk to planning officers face-to-face. They have been arranged where we think they will be most useful. Details about where and when the drop-in sessions are can be found on the website. You can also find out about them or ask any other questions about the consultation by contacting us either by email, post (addresses given above) or by phoning us on 0114 2053075.

The relevant drop-in session for Lydgate Reservoir is: Thursday 2 February, 3 to 8 pm, Stephen Hill Methodist Church, Crosspool (accessed from

Benty Lane or 547 Manchester Road). The Lead Area Planner is Sarah Smith (works part-time Tues, Thurs & Fri - 0114 2734212).

We do not have forms to complete (other than online), but -

1.16 The basic questions for the consultation are:

1. Do you think the site should be used as suggested e.g. for new homes? Why?

2. Are there any relevant local factors that we’ve not taken into account in the reasons for suggesting housing here?

3. If the site were to be allocated for new housing, how would you want to see its impact reduced or its possible benefits guaranteed, (e.g. how should it be laid out or designed or what conditions would you like to see placed on it)?

In addition to these questions we are interested to hear, particularly from developers and landowners:

4. In your view, what further action would be needed to bring about the development of the site, and which other organisations or agencies, if any, would need to be involved?

5. When, if at all, would you expect the site to be marketed/ developed?

Regards

Laurie Platt

Planning Officer, Forward & Area Planning

Sheffield City Council

4th Floor Howden House

1 Union Street, Sheffield

S1 2SH

Tel: 0114 2053075