My Renault Clio - Mechanic help PLEASE

My clio had same kinda problem, check that all the ignition components are dry. If they get damp and there is a small crack somewhere the enigne missfires and stalls. Also good idea to spray some water displacement liquid (wd40) on the components and then wipe it off.

I woudl worry but you seem to know what the problem is...

Just let the key stay in the 'M' position until the orange light goes off and then start up... rev it a few times (it'll be cold cause it is cold)...

I know its not ideal but you should be ok until you get it fixed properly

Thanks,.. Yeah I was wondering if it just how the car is meant to be? Maybe I'm meant to leave it to warm,.. however un-helpful that is! I told the mechanic about it aswel when I left it with him but it only happens rarely so I thought it might be hard to identify, also it doesn't really effect the car at all it's just a nuisence, oh well. When I have some more money i'll look into it but at the moment i'm in debt which sucks royaly.

Anyway,.. thanks again.

Steve

If it is a slightly older smaller diesal car then you have to wait for the orange "glow" plug light to go off before you start it.

Yeah debt is a pain in the ass

Its true though, especially so if you have piles and can't get medication! for example

Hi

This is what's happened to my car today. It's all to do with the throttle.

They're quoting me over a grand for repairs so am worried. Anyone know a trustworthy garage?

The bill includes the throttle business at about £600. Then they've listed a whole lot of other stuff like rear wind screen wiper is ripped, coolant needed etc. I'm not sure what's essential and what isn't at mo. Am doing some research now.

:(

put the list up and lets have a look...:thumbsup:

I'm in GENERAL forum too so sorry for repeating myself

x

washer pump £130

rear wiper £8.02

brake pads £140.67

2 rear tyres £84.36

brake fluid £89.12

coolant £89.12

throttle body £419.72

throttle pedal [pentemeter?] £112

diagnostic check £82.25

PLUS VAT and labour

Guest Mod_Man

Have you tried a virus/Spyware scan? Defraged the hard drive?

? defragged my car?

Diagnostic check £82.25!! where on earth are you taking this??

sounds like madness to me, I'm no expert though. What car is it?

I'm lucky the clio can just be plugged into a computer and it says what is wrong. The same happened with my uncles car and they said something rediculous like what you've been quoted, took it somewhere else and they charged him £20,.. for cleaning a part, and then put it back in and it's been fine ever since. The tyres are going to cost a bit,.. if they are illegal they need doing but ask how worn they are.

How old is the car?

My view on it anyway is,.. if it's a VW,.. take it to gilders VW on eccallsall road,.. you'd be surprised, they are actually cheap. I work there but not in that department.

If its anything electrical, just off woodseats road is an autoelectricians that did mine, greynes or something I cant remember the exact name, I'm sure someone will, but they seemed honest and fixed it well, it cost me not very much.

P.S I'm sorry I hadnt updated the problem.......

I had it serviced, and it did not fix the problem, it needed service + timing belt anyway so thats out the way.

I took it to that place I just mentioned ( off woodseats road ). A headlight bulb had broken aswel, which after my visit to halfords I found was actually a problem with the circuit. They fixed the circuit, diagnosed the rev problem as a fault with the " manifold absolute pressure sensor ", fixed it, and its been fine since. The part was £34, they charged £30 labour, and £11 VAT making it £75. Its been great since and I dont know if its related but seems to be using a lot less petrol aswel!

Have you tried a virus/Spyware scan? Defraged the hard drive?

? defragged my car?

:hihi: lol very good.