Is anyone here a fruitarian?

Surely, by eating apples, they are killing future generations of apples, all those pips could have grown up to be fine strong apple trees:help: :help:

Is anybody on here a fellow fruitarian? dont you agree its cruel to kill apples and veggies. thanks

Nope.

Fruit produced by trees/vines contains seeds that must be spread around in order for the plant to propagate. The fruit tastes good because its there to be eaten to get the seeds out. Birds come and peck at fruit and berries, you call that cruel as well?

As for root vegetables, in some parts of hinduism, they believe the root of the plant contains the soul and should not be eaten.

Having been a veggie for more than half my life, I'm permanently anaemic and need to take iron supplements in high doses. If I decided to become a frutarian vegan, I would probably die.

did you know that Zoroastrians are unable to eat lettuce due to ancient followers of their faith being slaughtered on a lettuce garden plot.....

Oh dear... we have another fruit and nut...

... don't feed the trolls.

i found a toenail in ma spag bol

It's half-term isn't it?

you wouldn't have the strength to drag yourself to the computer to type your posts.

The thread starter clearly managed to drag their knuckles to a keyboard.

The thread starter clearly managed to drag their knuckles to a keyboard.

Which is why I think s/he is more troll than fruitarian.

I have been a practicing Fruitarian for a few weeks now. i believe that you should only eat fruit which has naturally fallen from the ground. Root vegetables - such as carrots or potatos are only allowed in certain seasons becasue naturally they come to earth on their own accord. its mean to pick fruits, such as apples, oranges or bananas off when they dont want to be pulled off.

What do fruitarians use instead of toilet paper?

I thought about this because if I ate just fruit I would use a lot of toilet paper, and therefore lots of trees would be dying because of my diet.

Any ideas anyone? Do they wipe with leaves?

Any ideas anyone? Do they wipe with leaves?

Only if the leaves have fallen naturally from the plant, i.e turned brown and therefore would crumble when applied :)

I have been a practicing Fruitarian for a few weeks now. i believe that you should only eat fruit which has naturally fallen from the ground. Root vegetables - such as carrots or potatos are only allowed in certain seasons becasue naturally they come to earth on their own accord. its mean to pick fruits, such as apples, oranges or bananas off when they dont want to be pulled off.

So what happens if you want to go out to eat? Are there any places that cater for fruitarians?

How about going on holiday?

How do you know that the fruit you buy has fallen naturally from the tree? What if they were lying?

Just some thoughts.

I knew a fruitarian in Tokyo in the 80s. He was the Kentucky State table tennis champion at the time.

HTH

NicheRULES seems to be saying that they are a "windfall fruitarian", i.e. they won't even pick the fruit, but will only eat what has dropped. I find it hard to believe that it is possible to live as a windfall fruitarian in the UK. I love the whole vegetarian/fruitarian oneupmanship, and the way that some people seem determined to go one step further than everyone else to claim the moral high ground. Me and a mate decided we would trump the lot by declaring ourselves Windfall Spacemanarians, meaning that we would only eat the NASA astronauts who fall from the sky when one of their space shuttles blows up. We were quite battered at the time, mind.