Wednesday v Derby 22/04/2017

Wednesdays facebook accounts just said

Big day at the office! Our first win over Derby in 11 years and the first five-game winning streak under Carlos..

Excellent, excellent, excellent.

It would have been easy for the lad's heads to drop today(after Derby took the lead) but they battled back to take the lead.

Kieran Lee was immense for 60 minutes and he has been sorely missed, Hooper was fantastic again and if there are better fullbacks in the championship than Hunt and Pudil, I'm yet to see them.

6 games unbeaten (including 5 wins on the trot) with big players still out, this can only get better!

If you stand up to a bully there can only be one outcome

Well done to Wednesday for standing up to Derby

Get in :banana: might have not been our greatest of performances, but we ground out a win & never let our heads down from going behind so 3 more points onwards & upwards. WAWAW

Nice to see the golden man Lee back to his best after being out for so long. :clap:

Who's on a roll.... ; )

http://i.imgur.com/K1jL3D8l.png

---------- Post added 22-04-2017 at 13:16 ----------

Actually, that makes me feel better about Fulham playing Brentford next week

And it gets better

http://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:championship/form/matches:6/type:home-and-away

I hate games v Derby never seem to get the rub of the green so I approached today with trepidation. We were slightly better in a cagey opening which led to a fairly scrappy and pretty even first half, good to see us getting some decent crosses in with Fletcher unlucky on a couple

0-0 HT

Tend to play better 2nd so was sure we'd come out firing, unfortunately not with Derby taking the lead after Bent nodded in a decent corner, we then had a 10min mad spell constantly giving the ball back to the Rams particularly in midfield, to be fair to the lads they dug in and soon pulled a goal back - Hooper knock down at the near post and a simple header for Fletcher we then took the lead after a good move with the excellent Hooper burying it, a slightly nervy finish but we held on.

A very important win and good turns from Hooper, Fletcher, Loovens, Westwood and Hunt.

Great win and another 29k crowd,wow 5 wins on the spin,beat Ipswich and playoffs guaranteed and no one to be scared off though Kammy was drooling over Fulham on Sky,thought Carlos took a gamble with Lee but what I've read he was the same old Lee.

Great win and another 29k crowd,wow 5 wins on the spin,beat Ipswich and playoffs guaranteed and no one to be scared off though Kammy was drooling over Fulham on Sky,thought Carlos took a gamble with Lee but what I've read he was the same old Lee.

Lee was very good, Hooper has been immense since he came back and could be the difference.

Lee was very good, Hooper has been immense since he came back and could be the difference.

His finish for the winner is just quality

I always thought Hooper was probally the best striker outside the premiership when we bought him and he's just come back at the right time.

Fulham are the only one that bother me. We could play them 3 times in 10 days

Fulham are the only one that bother me. We could play them 3 times in 10 days

We are capable of beating anyone in this league but Fulham are looking impressive,playoffs just about done but have seen teams throw a 5 point lead away before