Sign in to follow this  

How do I send Bluetooth text messages?

I've just got a new Sony Ericsson K700i, which has Bluetooth. I've heard Radio 1 DJ Scott Mills talking about some thing you can do to send messages to another Bluetooth phone. Can anyone explain to me how you do it, because I can't work out how.

You activate your blue tooth on your phone then type in your message and go to options and send by bluetooth.

I have the same phone and its easy to do.

I don't get an option to send via Bluetooth, it just says "Enter phone no." or "Addr. book look up".

Yeah you have to activate the bluetooth part on your phone and then it should tell you who is in range in your phonebook, of the other people that have bluetooth, not sure what the range is but i think its across a room or something, sorry cant be more help, only learnt how to do it the other day on my phone.

Not all phones will let you send a text message by Bluetooth - my K700i never did but it might be firmware specific.

The way round it is to create a contact with your messasge in the contact name - then you can send the contact as a business card and the receiver can read your message. It's known as Blue Jacking when you send these to people at random - quite amusing to do it in a restaraunt and see peoples faces when they have no idea where the message came from.

I've got a 6230 and for me to do it, I have to "Make A Note" This way's good as you get a lot more space than a normal text. Then you have to save it, and send it via Bluetooth

You have to go onto conectivity on your phone and turn on your bluetooth you should then be able to searh for other devices but you do have to be in the same room as the receiver.

If there are any phones with bluetooth also activated then when you type in your message go to 'more' and send via bluetooth.

When you get the hang of it its very good and free.