Best place to have your nails done in town?

Any recomendations?

Can you just walk in or do you need to book?

Whats would you suggest having done... its for my birthday, before I go out! :)

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Word of advice - don't go to Posers opposite the City Hall. I had a silk wrap done there. For some reason I ended up with a trainee I think (if she wasn't, she should have been) and I came out with all the skin around my cuticles torn and bleeding. Mind you it was a few years ago, but it put me off going there again. When I asked the lady on reception if it was normal to be bleeding she just had a quick look and said, "well sometimes that happens" and carried on talking to whoever. So basically the customer service matched the skill of the trainee.

Does it have to be in town? Cause I've heard that Mint in Meadowhall are very good.

Hi... thanks for advice.... the only reason i wanted town, is cos im already there, as im having my hair done in town :)

serenity is the best place I've been, top of the moor across from soccer sport

Word of advice - don't go to Posers opposite the City Hall. I had a silk wrap done there. For some reason I ended up with a trainee I think (if she wasn't, she should have been) and I came out with all the skin around my cuticles torn and bleeding. Mind you it was a few years ago, but it put me off going there again. When I asked the lady on reception if it was normal to be bleeding she just had a quick look and said, "well sometimes that happens" and carried on talking to whoever. So basically the customer service matched the skill of the trainee.

I'd second that. I had pretty much exactly the same experience there, and it was overpriced.

I had acrylics done by a trainee at Sheffield College in January. She was great and they only started looking damaged after 4 weeks (I couldn't be bothered to have them 'maintained', otherwise I'm sure they'd still be fine). Still, not bad for a tenner! :D

Does it have to be in town? Cause I've heard that Mint in Meadowhall are very good.

I third that! When I went there it was the first time i'd had silk wraps so I didn't know what to expect. My cuticles were torn so much that they took ages to heal and the nails were too long (looked like I had massive long talons - even though I asked her to cut them shorter).

I ended up going to a place called Nailz in Handsworth to have them taken off and the woman did an amazing job. Sadly I don't think she's there anymore.

Debenhams on The Moor.... is the nail place any good? Do you have to book? If so anyone got a number... I google'd it... nothing came up.

the best place for nails is just out of sheffield city centre

ILLUSIONZ

555 ATTERCLIFFE ROAD

ASK FOR VANEESHA OR STACY

VERY GOOD PRICES AND TOP QUALITY WORK

0114 2618000

The Works on Crookes, my Cousin runs a successful Beauty salon there, very reasonable prices and if you go and tell Lindsey "I know your Rich" you MIGHT get mate's rates but don't quote me on that.

It's just down from the Noah's Ark pub anyway.

wouldnt hillsborough be better for you since you only live at stannington, i had mine done last friday at the hollywood nails on hillsborough, i walked in and was done within the hour, they look very good, they do different designs and i had french manicure spray painted, giving a better result:)