Anyone doing/done Paul mckenna weight loss programme?

how you getting on? Only finished book yesterday/today used cd twice sounds amazing! I've been stuck on diet treadmill for years and not been healthy weight for nears either and i def use food as an emotional crutch so this sounded perfect. . Am already eating less altho having what i fancy and don't feel hungry or deprived. Will see in couple of wks if I've lost any! I have used hypno before for stressful times and i believe in it so who knows? I was kind of wondering what i would do if and when i emotional urge to eat hits like if I'm stressed his book says you shouldn't eat if not truly hungry but doesn't suggest what i do to comfort myself other wise? Would be great to get a support thread on this going. Cheers.

Im very critical of fad diets, but was very impressed by McKenna's sensible approach to eating.

As for comfort eating, I would imagine you're supposed to reduce it as much as possible, but if you have to, use something as healthy as possible.

Good luck

Hi abster

I am a qualified hypnotherapist who does a lot of weightloss work. If you want to ask any questions just post them and I will try my best to answer.

Best wishes

Ann

http://www.wellthought.co.uk

Edited by anncj
url not displaying

I have to agree with Blanco on this one, Paul McKenna's approach is great, it is very similar in many ways to how I work. It is really effective because it is realistic and do-able. I especially like the fact that you can have a slice of cake every now and then or fish and chips once in a while. Like he says, one slice of cake won't make you 5 stone over weight but eat it every day for a 6 months and you will be. Everything in moderation I say!

Good luck to you Abster also, I hope this means you can stop the fad-diets now!

Paul McKenna's approach is just common sense.

If you eat fish and chips, a chinese takeaway, a litre of fizzy pop every day - and you don't excercise, then yes, you will be obese.

If you have a healthy balanced diet, however you have treats then there is nothing wrong with that - that is what he is saying.

There is also the factor of a person's natural metabolism, some people can eat for England and never put on any weight, another person only has to sniff a bar of chocolate and the pounds pile on.

We are all different, and can only do the best with what we have. A healthy balanced diet is the best approach (and that means fish and chips) that runs alongside an effective fitness programme. Do that, and you are on the right path

Edited by Shef_Fitness

thanks guys it seems be working so far i am eating less (altho i am not concioulsy forcing myself to eat less) i feel satisfied, relaxed, nto thinking about food all time not really snacking much not getting big emotional urges to eat, you see i ate very healthy before i was follwoing sw and most of what i ate was sensible but i couldn;t stop myslef eating to much of anything or stop myself comforting myself with snacks then feeling awfully guilty. i woudl reccomen p mckenna to anyone cos you listen to yr body and you never have to be hungry tho you do learn what is the difference between real hunger and just emontinal hunger that has arisen out of bad habits.

Well done Abster!! It is great news that through hypnotherapy techniques you have been able to regain that control over what you are eating and why you are eating it! Keep up the great work.

As a hypnotherapist I am all about using words to help change things. A huge way people can change their relationship with food is through the language they use to describe food and think about food. People think of the words they use as just being words but they are an indicator of how you represent the world in your own mind. How you think or talk about something often affects how you feel about it which affects how you handle it.

When getting_fit says a "person only has to sniff a bar of chocolate and the pounds pile on" they don't mean it literally do they? It is using language to express a concept rather than a reality but if you are the kind of person who wants to regain control of their weight and you are thinking and saying things like that then you aren't helping yourself to reach your goal. If you believe that you can put weight on by "sniffing" chocolate then there is something of a self defeating attitude there already. By getting language and thought in perspective and working together with desire for change then there is a great chance of turning things around and hypnotherapy is fantastic for making those changes in thought and language happen.

(ps. I'm glad to see you edited your comment getting_fit, I was going to say I don't think your example of rugby players being "frighteningly overweight but fit" was quite accurate!)

Edited by focusedhypno

People's bodies will react to food in different ways, some people can eat junk constantly, but will always be slim (they probably won't be very healthy - however we are talking being slim). There are other people who only need a bar of chocolate and it goes straight to their waistline.

Everyone is different - some of my class members come to class to be pushed once a week, this then allows them to enjoy their fish and chips, currys, beer etc.... without worrying about piling on the pounds for the rest of the week. The main aim of the class is fitness/toning up, however many class members use the sessions to control their weight

With regards the rugby playeys, it should have said frighteningly fit - but overweight. Many top level sports people have a BMI that makes them obese, however these people are amazingly fit, Rugby Players are a good example of this.

actually there's Been a study on the old myth that some people have slow metabolism and will gain weight by eating just a bit of choc and some thin people get away with it. Actually there's very little difference ibetween different people's metabolism its two things. Firstly, a lot of over weight people forget a lot of what they consume during the day so actually take in more and secondly thin people are quite aware when they are full so eat smaller portions so even if they are eating some junk they consuming less calories over all. The good thing with the Paul mckenna approach is you can eat exactly what you fancy but as it teaches you to be very aware of every bite you eat and stop when first feel full you eat much smaller portions. Its retraining you to eat as naturally thin people do.

Hi. For a more comfortable and permanent solution to weightloss, we need to clear the underlying stories and emotional drivers that make us want to eat/drink certain things or to have a subconscious need to be bigger. Otherwise we are 'at war' with ourselves when we try to change our lifestyle habits. Part of us is saying yes and another part is saying no! It can be a heck of a struggle and bring up all sorts of uncomfortable feelings. This is why 97% of 'successful' dieters using conventional diet programs regain their weight(and sometimes more) in 12 months. Paul Mckenna uses meridian tapping techniques to help people clear their old inner patterns. This is also my field. I use tapping and other techiques to help people clear old inner patterns that limit us and keep us stuck in ways that do not serve us. These systems have helped many people find a permanent solution to all kinds of issues including weight problems. Do contact me if you would like to ask me more on this subject.

Ruth Fox

ruth@ruthfox.co.uk

Edited by ruthfox
no website link

how you getting on? Only finished book yesterday/today used cd twice sounds amazing! I've been stuck on diet treadmill for years and not been healthy weight for nears either and i def use food as an emotional crutch so this sounded perfect. . Am already eating less altho having what i fancy and don't feel hungry or deprived. Will see in couple of wks if i've lost any! I have used hypno before for stressful times and i believe in it so who knows? I was kind of wondering what i would do if and when i emotional urge to eat hits like if i'm stressed his book says you shouldn't eat if not truly hungry but doesn't suggest what i do to comfort myself other wise? Would be great to get a support thread on this going. Cheers.

hi been using the paul mckenna diet now for 6wks and have lost 6lb.its all about eating smaller amounts,and when you feal hungry have a drink,if hungry after that try a cuppa and a few biscuits.when i feal snackish at work i put a boil sweet in my mouth.its the best diet so far.i have changed the foods i eat for a more healthy option,food ive forgot how much i enjoyed.chocolate i was addicted to,due to this book i rather have a piece of fruit.good look and stay positive.x

hi been using the paul mckenna diet now for 6wks and have lost 6lb.its all about eating smaller amounts,and when you feal hungry have a drink,if hungry after that try a cuppa and a few biscuits.when i feal snackish at work i put a boil sweet in my mouth.its the best diet so far.i have changed the foods i eat for a more healthy option,food ive forgot how much i enjoyed.chocolate i was addicted to,due to this book i rather have a piece of fruit.good look and stay positive.x

Great stuff happysammie! I bet you are really living up to your name now you are a bit slimmer and eating more healthily!

Well done.

There is a chance with any hypnotic method that is made for the mass market, rather than tailored to the individual, that it can be too general and not specific enough for some people. It's great that you haven't found that.

Keep up the great work ;-)