Northern Soul nights

used to go in Green Room when they had a Northern Soul night every month on a Friday night, and have been in on a saturday, as you say a good night and atmosphere :)

We have a Northern Soul & Motown night this Saturday from 8.30pm at The Golden Lion Alderson Road (1st Sat Every Month) S2 4UB.

Free Entry.

I believe The Washington on Cambridge Street has a Northern Soul night

Did wonder when the Golden Lion one was, thanks for posting, will try to get to it, be rather strange though cos my Mum worked behind the bar there many moons ago and I spent many hours in the back room and watching films upstairs at xmas parties......

and does anyone know when the soul nite is at The Green Room? know it used to be 1st friday of month but been a while since I went so have forgotten,,,

Oooh what a great thread and one I will keep an eye on - don't get many nights child free but as and when I do I'll be sure to get myself down to one of these for some proper soul indulgence!

well sure you will enjoy, and there are quite a few to choose from these days,,, xx

Got a choice to make on Saturday. Wife loves dancing to Northern Soul (not supper-club soul/Philly/wedding reception Motown - the real thing).

Choice between Victory Soul night or Soul at the Gas Club. Not been to either before. Any opinions on which would be our best bet?

Thanks

Soul at the Gas Club Hi if you are looking to real 100% Northern Soul we are having a event 29th April 2017 at Crooke WMC Sheffield. With special guest Martin Stanford. We only play original vinyl. we don't play anything else . Then after that event we are back 24th June then 4th Saturday of every month £3 otd sprung wooden large dance floor talc friendly cheap and later bar .We start from 7.30 till 1am.

Got a choice to make on Saturday. Wife loves dancing to Northern Soul (not supper-club soul/Philly/wedding reception Motown - the real thing).

Choice between Victory Soul night or Soul at the Gas Club. Not been to either before. Any opinions on which would be our best bet?

Thanks

Soul at the Gas Club Hi if you are looking to real 100% Northern Soul we are having a event 29th April 2017 at Crooke WMC Sheffield. With special guest Martin Stanford. We only play original vinyl. we don't play anything else . Then after that event we are back 24th June then 4th Saturday of every month £3 otd sprung wooden large dance floor talc friendly cheap and later bar .We start from 7.30 till 1am.

Moving to Sheffield from West Yorkshire and wondering where the best places to see adverts for Northern Soul nights / all-nighters / Sunday sessions are.

Do they get posted on here?

Any good group pages on Facebook?

I'm hoping there's an active scene in Sheffield - and grateful for any info :)

if you go on soul source web page all details of northern soul events

if you go on soul source web page all details of northern soul events

Cheers Dave - am browsing the events calendar now :thumbsup:

we are on the 29th April at Crookes wmc. only Northern played