7 seater, Small engine??

Just a quick question, are there any nice looking 7 seater cars with small engines???? we need a 7 seater for our brood but my oh insurance is sky high on anything over a 1.2 we are obviosly willing to pay abit more but are desperate to find something in our price range!

thanks for looking :hihi:

Here’s a cheap to run 8 seater:)

My dad has a 1.9 turbo diesel Scenic (X reg) and that has been fine for him, I don't think he's had one issue so far apart from the EGR Valve clogging. I forget the exactlys, but I know he pays I think...£60 a month for it insurance wise. The engine seems to pull okay, and it seems pretty good fuel wise. Doesn't have 7 seats, but I'd say it's a decent engine if they're still using it in the newer ones.

As others have said, a small engine in a 7-seater will be a false economy. Even the 1.6 engined ones that I've driven (Zafira & Galaxy) seemed to struggle at times.

What you'd save on the insurance you'd be paying in maintainence and fuel because you'd be gunning it to get it moving.

With a 7-seater personally I'd go for nothing less than a 1.9TDi. It's extra cost on the insurance sure, but you will most likely make good savings on the fuel bill.

We had a 1.6 Zafira (petrol)... had to get rid- engine too small and gulped fuel like it was going out of fashion.