Strong winds Monday

mind weathermen never get it right.

One of the most overused - and complete garbage - cliches out there.

Will this wind be so strong as to lay low the mountains of the earth ?

Or will it just be a bit gusty ?

Everyone should be sent home on full pay.

Its too dangerous to go to work

Nice try :hihi:

Everyone should be sent home on full pay.

Its too dangerous to go to work

Try it.

Tell them I said it was OK.:hihi:

I remember the 1997 storm as I was in it in kent. Don't like it when the weather forecast predicts this kind of weather it's positively scary

If it comes from the west, weatherman never consider the resistance of the pennines in their calculations.

One of the most overused - and complete garbage - cliches out there.

Yes it is, you know like the hurricane that was laughed off all those years ago, until it hit.

Yes it is, you know like the hurricane that was laughed off all those years ago, until it hit.

Michael Fish is still dining out on that . :hihi::hihi:

That was caused by very unlikely but not impossible local circumstances of different temperatured air layers bouncing on each other.

Not standard usual circumstances but it could happen again.

Rotherham and most of Barnsley had a pleasant morning on that day while the disaster in Sheffield happened.

We are going to see death and destruction on a massive scale over the next couple of day, and what are the council doing? Well yesterday I saw 2 blokes with high viz vests on having a cup of coffee in a major coffee chain (tax evasion) and their white van was parked a few meters away.

On our street there are trees with loose branches and have the council chopped the trees down? NO

SO whats going to happen? someone is going to out for a walk, the wind will blow and the tree will be blown over and will crush the innocent person, or branches will go flying off and go straight into someones eye.

Its going to be carnage, probably worse than what was inflicted on Sheffield back in 1941 by the German Luftwaffe.

Why have the old air raid shelters not been reopened, and I assume that there won't be the air raid sirens going off when the winds do arrive

We are going to see death and destruction on a massive scale over the next couple of day, and what are the council doing? Well yesterday I saw 2 blokes with high viz vests on having a cup of coffee in a major coffee chain (tax evasion) and their white van was parked a few meters away.

On our street there are trees with loose branches and have the council chopped the trees down? NO

SO whats going to happen? someone is going to out for a walk, the wind will blow and the tree will be blown over and will crush the innocent person, or branches will go flying off and go straight into someones eye.

Its going to be carnage, probably worse than what was inflicted on Sheffield back in 1941 by the German Luftwaffe.

Why have the old air raid shelters not been reopened, and I assume that there won't be the air raid sirens going off when the winds do arrive

I've been stocking up our cellar with Cup a soups,pork scratchings and cans of Double Diamond in readiness for the carnage.I'm not going to get caught out again.