Opening IE 9 windows..

I use it with Windows 7 and it is O.K. for me.

Anything on here help?

Nothing I can find.

Found it

To reset your browser window so it will open full screen,

1. Close all browser windows except the problem one.

2. Maximize the browser window by grabbing the corners and expanding the browser widow to your desired size. It's important to use this method rather than using the Maximize button or double-clicking the Title Bar to maximize the window.

3. Hold your Shift key down and then click the Close button. The Close button is the one with the X in the upper right corner.

Found it

The method you mention is mentioned in one of the links I posted earlier:D.

Missed it. Too much sun.

Missed it. Too much sun.

At least you got your IE back to how you like it:).

Missed it. Too much sun.

Or like me saw the bit about ie7 and ie8 and didn't read fully!:blush::blush::blush:

Or like me saw the bit about ie7 and ie8 and didn't read fully!

I actually totally disregarded it (figuring M$ wouldn't have fixed the issue - I can remember it happening with IE 5 - so it's quite an olde issue:D).

I actually totally disregarded it (figuring M$ wouldn't have fixed the issue - I can remember it happening with IE 5 - so it's quite an olde issue:D).

It will be a design choice - they are recording the window size, not the window state (maximised / minimized / normal / hidden / several others). When you maximise / minimise a window, it doesn't internally change the size of it, so when you then close the window, it will record the non maximised size.

To force IE (or any other program) to open maximised, you can alter a setting in the shortcut you use to launch the program. Go to the properties window, then on the Shortcut tab the Run option allows you to set it to Maximised Window.

It will be a design choice - they are recording the window size, not the window state (maximised / minimized / normal / hidden / several others). When you maximise / minimise a window, it doesn't internally change the size of it, so when you then close the window, it will record the non maximised size.

So Windows is bad by design:o

To force IE (or any other program) to open maximised, you can alter a setting in the shortcut you use to launch the program. Go to the properties window, then on the Shortcut tab the Run option allows you to set it to Maximised Window.

I'd forgot that one:thumbsup:.

So Windows is bad by design:o

It depends... I can see both sides of the argument - yes, it should remember that you maximised the window, but it shouldn't remember the size of the window when maximised (otherwise it would be the wrong size if you change your screen resolution). And because both options are arguably better, it comes down to someone making a decision and upsetting those who think it should be the other way around.

Personally, I think they made the right decision - because while it is possible to get Windows to force a program to be maximised upon launch, it's impossible to for Windows to force that same programme not to be. It's like websites which force all links to open in a new windos - it's easier for the user to choose to open a new window / tab than it is to prevent a website from doing so, so it annoys me when they do it, but others get upset if they lose the website they started on.

It depends... I can see both sides of the argument - yes, it should remember that you maximised the window, but it shouldn't remember the size of the window when maximised (otherwise it would be the wrong size if you change your screen resolution).

A simple flag setting could be used to hold whether the app is to be maximised (if set simply start app in 100% size, if not set, use last window size).

Bad design or lazy programming;).