Was this fainting...

Hi,

Thankyou for your reply.

During the faint it must have been a good few seconds of unconciousness for the lips to turn blue.

Thankyou.

Not really, I've seen people awake suffering from a vasovagal attack. They look an awful colour, so it's obvious just by looking at them that their blood pressure is down in their boots. Also, looking at the colour of someone feinting can be very subjective as it all happens very fast.

I am taking her to the doctors tom to have this checked out, thanks for your replies and i will let you no what the doctor says

After she had a drink she was back to normal, she had colour in her cheeks, if she hadn't we would have gone straight to the hosptial

I was going to suggest perhaps she had dehydrated

Update.

I took her to the doctors this morning, he gave her a good examination, and found nothing, she is to have a full blood test on thursday, so we have to wait for the results from that test. He said it could just be a one off, and just see how she goes.

I fainted in a shop the saturday before last because of my asthma, is she asthmatic? If so, if she had been taking it more than she should be, it causes the adrenalin to build up and it releases itself like you described, my lips went blue as well, this is the only reason im linking the two?

I hope she's okay anyway xxx

My sister collapsed 2 years ago after complaining of terrible period pain, her lips went blue and she went as stiff as a board. An ambulance was called as my mum couldn't get her to come round. She had such low blood pressure they couldn't lift her to the ambulance.

It happened again at the weekend, she went for a walk, felt dizzy, went all white with blue lips and blacked out for a while. She was ok after a sit down, lots of food and water. She's off to the doctors for diabetes tests etc but we are a family of low blood pressure so I think she may have got the rough end of it.

Hope your daughter's ok.

I fainted in a shop the saturday before last because of my asthma, is she asthmatic? If so, if she had been taking it more than she should be, it causes the adrenalin to build up and it releases itself like you described, my lips went blue as well, this is the only reason im linking the two?

I hope she's okay anyway xxx

No she isn't asthmatic, but hopefully we get to the bottom of it, it was very scarey.

She is fine now thanks

My sister collapsed 2 years ago after complaining of terrible period pain, her lips went blue and she went as stiff as a board. An ambulance was called as my mum couldn't get her to come round. She had such low blood pressure they couldn't lift her to the ambulance.

It happened again at the weekend, she went for a walk, felt dizzy, went all white with blue lips and blacked out for a while. She was ok after a sit down, lots of food and water. She's off to the doctors for diabetes tests etc but we are a family of low blood pressure so I think she may have got the rough end of it.

Hope your daughter's ok.

Your sister sounds like what happened to my daughter, he is going to check her for diabetes,

I hope your sister is ok and when she visits the doctor and it isnt nothing to worry about, keep us informed

Hi! I used to (and still do, but to a lesser degree) suffer from regular episodes similar to what you have described, usually in response to kneeling/standing too long, tiredness, heavy periods, banging my knees/feet, the heat, suddenly standing etc etc, as well as proper fainting fits with loss of consciousness. In my case, it seems that low blood sugar and/or low blood pressure are the cause, and nothing more sinister than that.

Just to reassure you, I was told by GPs etc that such experiences are not uncommon among teenage girls. I hope that it all turns out fine for your daughter, and am sure it will!

Just to reassure you, I was told by GPs etc that such experiences are not uncommon among teenage girls.

Yes, our doctor told us this too, and it's especially common if they're in a growing phase. My daughter has had this as well, and I agree it's scary! She's had all manner of tests but nothing's been found wrong, apart from rather low blood pressure, which runs in the family.

The advice we were given, once we knew there was nothing else wrong, was always to make sure she eats and drinks regularly. (No leaving the house without breakfast!) If she has to stand for any length of time, then keep shifting position rather than just standing still. If she starts to feel faint she has to sit down immediately. And if she does faint, we have to lie her down flat (if she isn't already!) and hold her legs up so they're above the level of her head.

I hope it all turns out well for you :)

She has had her blood tests taken, got to wait for the results.

I remember fainting once What a strange feeling it was caused by severe pain - I had severe cramp and passed out - by falling to the floor automatically placed me in the recovery position. When i came to i had hit my mouth and chin causing grazing to my arms and cut my lip.