Cellulitis - an attention seeking thread because I'm in pain...:(

And I thought I took a lot of tablets :o

I hope you feel better soon tho

My friend's husband has had it really very very badly and has been hospitalised for weeks as a result; it's definitely not a nice condition to have. & the pic further up this thread is nothing compared to what it can get like. I was on the verge of getting it myself a few years back & reversed the situation by changing my diet quite radically AND putting my legs up to drain the fluid. When you recover I'd recommend a trampoline which is great for lymphatic drainage. Really do hope you get better quickly;

I have never heard of Cellulitis. What causes it? How long are you going to be clutching your crutch?

Cellulitis is an infectious inflammation of the soft tissue cells, usually resulting from some sort of puncture wound.

It's very painful and can be very serious, especially in people who have other health problems or limited mobility. Treatment is lots and lots of antibiotics, anti -inflammatories and painkillers- and it may take a month or longer of antibiotics to make sure that the infection is gone and staying gone.

I think you've got away very lightly Stagey- you're back out of hospital very soon afterwards. I know people who have been in hospital for a month or more with cellulitis.

Sending you very gentle hugs anyway (and they're extra gentle cos I've managed to sprain my wrist and thumb joint on one arm too).

I had it last Easter, and like you didn't know what it was. I went to the walk in centre cos i thought it might be a blood clot at first, was told cellulitus and given antibiotics. It got worse and ended up at A&E early next morning and given more and more antibiotics. It did take some time to go and yes it does hurt but there was no wound for me to have got it from i think it came from standing leaning on ladders while painting.

Hope you feel better soon.

many hugs, stagey, and lots of healing vibes!

XXX PT XXX

Christ on a bike! Your meds look like about 68 quids worth of pick and mix - £782's worth if you get it from the cinema at Centertainment.

Get well soon :)

I know cellulitis is incredibly painful and not something I'd wish on anyone. I hope it soon clears up and you're feeling better :)

For now - milk it for all it's worth! :D

Thank you, you lovely guys! :)

Although I'm still feeling pretty pants, reading all your kind wishes has helped me feel a little brighter. It's also good to hear that I'm not being a drama queen regarding the pain. I've been surprised away from S.F how many people have suffered with it at one stage or another, and all agree - the pain is indeed excruciating!

My foot is now incredibly swollen and my toes seem to be disappearing altogether. I'm shovelling that much medication down my throat I'm now rattling when I walk.

I've watched Katie leave The Apprentice, two Shipwrecked's, two F-Word's, four Emmerdales, five Top Gears and I'm just about to settle down with Bridget Jones. I look forward to the day when my eyes do not feel television shaped.

Thank you once again all of you. xxx

awww, hope you feel better soon, it sounds awful.

Keep that sympathy coming - my foot's still the size of a small island, I can barely walk and I'm on enough medication to tranquilise a horse!

:shocked:

Owch, hope you get better soon! I have a book of clinical dermatology with pages of horrific pictures, and cellulitis is among the nastiest. Remember to take those pills...!

As a perhaps-not-so-reassuring point of interest, the 'flesh eating virus' that hit the headlines a few years ago is a severe form of cellulitis (also actually bacterial rather than viral).

Has it got worse???

I would think that if it is worse or not got any better then i would go back to your docs. If you have been taking your medication and resting with it elevated like you are supposessed to it should be showing some sign of improvement by now.

I know it takes some time to go, and hope you feel better soon.