Busy with babies blankets

I must admit that I don't find crochet flows as well as knitting, and I haven't progressed much beyond the basics. Then again, I think with me the problem is that I need more practice. Since I did the basics, I've neglected it almost entirely for knitting.

I would really like to learn to crochet. I have tried but my knitters brain won't convert to crochet. You should get someone to hold a class at the Wool Baa Jill so you can learn too :)

My crochet tutor has given up trying to get me to sit still long enough to teach me! I have produced a round crocheted cushion cover but prefer knitting. Just feel I should be a bit more au fait with the process..

Those blankets are lovely!

I cant crochet either, and I have 2 kits here to be done!

I love crochet - partly self taught but Jean (wool baaaaaaaaa fame) has been a star and helped so so much (she's fab)

Always seem to have a blanket on the go but the tendonitis in my shoulder means I can only do a few stitches a day now :(

GL Note: Please keep the off-topic, one-to-one chat to PM or the chat room. Thanks.

I love crochet - partly self taught but Jean (wool baaaaaaaaa fame) has been a star and helped so so much (she's fab)

Always seem to have a blanket on the go but the tendonitis in my shoulder means I can only do a few stitches a day now :(

Hope your shoulder's better to enable you to crochet more Littleblue.

Hope your shoulder's better to enable you to crochet more Littleblue.

Thank you! It should be a warning to all wool lovers - make sure you're sitting properly and take regular breaks so you don't hurt yourself. Its a repetitive action and should be treated as such - especially blankets as its usually the same stitch and little variation.

Does anyone get an ache over their right breast also, particularly if you're a needle tucker under the arm?

I get very stiff fingers when I try to do crochet, much more so than when knitting. With knitting, I sometimes get achy hands if I knit for too long and the work is heavy, or when I use tiny DPNs. If I'm knitting too tightly with the small DPNs, I sometimes get tingly or numb fingers, which is probably a bit of Carpel Tunnel or general nerve compression.

Sounds like carpel tunnel. Mother had it and had to give up knitting completely. Its still not that great after the opp but enough to knit a little now. Apparently the damage is just about irreversible.

Thinking of giving up knitting once I've used the wool and moving on to something else.