The Wagon and Horses (Wetherspoons) in Chapeltown

when does weatherspoons open in chapeltown? waiting to go for decent food as rest of chapeltown not very good, and pricey.

great stuff, will have to give it a try, cheers.

What is it called? That means there is 9 Wetherspoons in Sheffield now ...

What is it called? That means there is 9 Wetherspoons in Sheffield now ...

The Wagon and Horses.

I had a look through the window last week, the conservatory area looks very nice.

It won't take long for the natives to make it look shabby.

I'm hoping to give it a go at the weekend.

We will now have to add this to our annual every Wetherspoons in Sheffield pub crawl....Now that will be a challenge.

Regards

Doom

I went in on Tuesday. Very nice. The place was full in the early evening. Screaming kids banging plates with spoons unchallenged and multitudes of scruffy looking chavs eating/chewing with their mouths open took the edge off it for me though. :( Reminded me of that one day I went in Taybarns! :hihi: Perhaps the clientele improve beyond feeding time. :D

Can someone change the thread title to reflect the actual correct spelling of the pub?

I went in on Tuesday. Very nice. The place was full in the early evening. Screaming kids banging plates with spoons unchallenged and multitudes of scruffy looking chavs eating/chewing with their mouths open took the edge off it for me though. :( Reminded me of that one day I went in Taybarns! :hihi: Perhaps the clientele improve beyond feeding time. :D

That sounds like what my wife witnessed when she drove past on Tuesday.

When we did the Wetherspoons pub crawl in July, our route was:

Bus to Woodseats Palace.

Walk to Sheaf Island (stopping off at White Lion for a swift one :D)

Walk to Francis Newton

Tram to Rawson Spring

Tram to Bankers Draft

Walk to Lloyds, Huntsman and then Swim.

Finish off with food in Piccolos.

How we'll fit the Waggon and Horses into that next Summer I'm not sure, but it could involve the train. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

Can someone change the thread title to reflect the actual correct spelling of the pub?

Mod note:

Just for you ;)

If you would like to chat, please take it the room on the left, thanks.

Please keep the thread on topic, thank you.

Has anyone been on a weekend? Is it still the usual young crowd that used to frequent the waggon?

Has anyone been on a weekend? Is it still the usual young crowd that used to frequent the waggon?

The weekend was busy throughout Chapeltown, it's a food pub serving meals till 11 pm with a full mixed age group frequenting the place.

we went for a meal about 6ish last night, found it very cold in the conservatory because the smoking area outside were through the doors where we were eating and were opened almost all of the time. The food was ok ish, Some of us were eating dessert while some hadn't even had there meal, there were 6 of us. The staff seemed to still be in training because they were even asking the customers to clear there own tables onto an empty table.

5 girls in comprehensive uniforms came in and sat behind us, I still had a pleasant evening but it was due to the company I was with x