New Asda now OPEN near Crystal Peaks shopping centre

is there any truth in the rumour that i've heard, that asda is opening a store at drakehouse retail park?

If they do they are going to have to sort out the parking problems around that area before they start building!

There was a story in the Star some days ago that they are seeking planning permission. They are a long way from actually building and opening it, yet.

Asda intend to present evidence that "many people are going outside of the area to shop at Asda in Handsworth." It's less than three miles away, just how small an 'area' is one megastore supposed to serve?

I was told by someone who works at Meadowhall Marks ans Spenser , that there's gonna be an M&S at Drakehouse as well. Anyone else heard that ?

I think the m&s rumour was doing the rounds a few years ago.

is there any truth in the rumour that i've heard, that asda is opening a store at drakehouse retail park?

Not a rumour, public meeting to be held in Feb. Yippee!!

My OH works in one of the stores up at Drakehouse, and he hasnt heard anything about it!

Why do they need an Asda? Theres already a Morrisons, Sainsburys, Iceland, a few co-ops and aren't they talking about building a Tesco too? Its supermarket crazy!!

I was told by someone who works at Meadowhall Marks ans Spenser , that there's gonna be an M&S at Drakehouse as well. Anyone else heard that ?

I doubt that it is true, Drakehouse isn't the right area for M&S. It's a bit like plonking a branch of Harvey Nic's in Walkley or a Jack Fultons in Dore. They just don't fit. Perhaps somewhere like Millhouses would be a better location?

My OH works in one of the stores up at Drakehouse, and he hasnt heard anything about it!

Why do they need an Asda? Theres already a Morrisons, Sainsburys, Iceland, a few co-ops and aren't they talking about building a Tesco too? Its supermarket crazy!!

Check this link

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/New-Asda-plan-feeds-Sheffield.6691587.jp