Service station open xmas day

i cant believe that the service station on wordsworth avenue has been told they must open xmas day, i was glad to sign the petition for them to boycott this, as how many people would use it on this day, we can easily fill up before... let these people spend the day with there families for godsake.

i cant believe that the service station on wordsworth avenue has been told they must open xmas day, i was glad to sign the petition for them to boycott this, as how many people would use it on this day, we can easily fill up before... let these people spend the day with there families for godsake.

Errm not everyone is going to be spending a day with their families. Some people by choice or force will be out and about driving around as usual.

Taxi drivers? Shift workers? Xmas day retail, hotel and leisure workers? Drivers commencing or ending long journies to and from their families?

Even perhaps Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Athiests just going about their usual business?? The world does not stop for everyone on Christmas day you know. Some people DO have to travel about even on Turkey Dinner day? :roll:

As you have quite rightly pointed out hindus,jews, muslims and athiests dont celebrate xmas, so a driver out on the road who may indeed find him/herself short on fuel may google a servive station which is open xmas day which is run by one of these groups stated above, now is that just me thinking logically and using my common sense or should everyone who drives whatever type of road vehicle possess? so really this service station inparticular does not need to open xmas day! and as for the comment the world does not stop for xmas, just to let you know i work in a hospital(it is my career choice and im happy with it) looking after very sick people and as a matter of fact i myself worked xmas day last year 07.00 til 19.30 so dont tell me about the world stopping for xmas thankfully im off this xmas to spend with my family but alas am working the night shift on new years eve. What will you be doing new years eve..... do i really need to guess.

As you have quite rightly pointed out hindus,jews, muslims and athiests dont celebrate xmas, so a driver out on the road who may indeed find him/herself short on fuel may google a servive station which is open xmas day which is run by one of these groups stated above, now is that just me thinking logically and using my common sense or should everyone who drives whatever type of road vehicle possess? so really this service station inparticular does not need to open xmas day! and as for the comment the world does not stop for xmas, just to let you know i work in a hospital(it is my career choice and im happy with it) looking after very sick people and as a matter of fact i myself worked xmas day last year 07.00 til 19.30 so dont tell me about the world stopping for xmas thankfully im off this xmas to spend with my family but alas am working the night shift on new years eve. What will you be doing new years eve..... do i really need to guess.

I'd quite happily sign a petition to force the hospitals to close Xmas day.

People in the service industry really shouldn't be surprised to be expected to offer that service 365. Sorry love but you really have no arguement.

Can they not just arrange for someone who doesn't celebrate Christmas to cover....?

yes some people may not celebrate christmas or be visiting relatives like us, but i guess its too much to ask to expect them to fill up the day before or a couple of days before. There are too many people nowadays that are selfish and walk round in a bubble unaware of other people.

Ah, the beauty of forward planning. Doesn't always work out like that though does it?

Let's say that on Xmas day I get a call that a close relative is in hospital at the other end of the country. Expecting to be able to fill up would make me selfish in your world.

I win.

could this be classed as advertising :hihi:

Presumably the staff there have an employment contract which states their working hours/days and holiday entitlement. If it states that they have to work bank holidays then they can't complain. If it doesn't then they can't be made to work that day.

We have to fill up with diesel daily, including xmas day, new years day etc. Not really an option to fill up before hand.

Edited by ratter71
i got pedantic about my own spelling

We have to fill up with diesel daily, including xmas day, new years day ect. Not really an option to fill up before hand.

You must do a lot of miles if you cant go one day without filling ………. But that’s not the point, many of these petrol stations are convenience stores and there is always a demand for those.

Im guessing the staff will get paid double time,so they should ask for volunteers first.