Young people and drugs

Hi everyone,

I work for The Corner, Sheffield's young people's drug and alcohol service.

You may know us from our former incarnation as ‘Shed’; we have now had a revamp and we are re-launching our service across the city.

We provide treatment and support for young people with drug and alcohol problems. This happens through one to one sessions and group work. We also provide advice to parents and concerned others who may have worries about young people in their lives who are involved in substance misuse.

As part of our re-launch we are holding an open day at our Division Street office tomorrow, 12/08/2010, 11 am – 4 pm. We want to promote our service so we are inviting everyone to attend to find out more about us. We work with lots of children and young people and we help them make positive changes to their drug and alcohol use. Lots of our young people move from living lives blighted by drugs and drink to successful independent living free from drugs or alcohol.

We want to spread the message that help is available and that children and young people can make positive changes. Please come along to our Division Street centre at 91 – 93 Division Street to see our event tomorrow and meet our team. We will be here to talk about the work we do and the different ways we help children, young people and their families. Refreshments will be available and we have goody bags for our younger visitors.

If you want to speak to someone about any concerns you have about a substance misuse problem then please phone us on 0114 2752051 for free and confidential advice. Alternatively visit us at the address above during office hours. Workers are available to help.

I hope to see you tomorrow,

John at 'The Corner'

Thanks for the info. Won't be able to make tomorrow but thought SHED did a fantastic job, so good luck.

Thanks for the kind words Darth. Much appreciated.

Cheers,

John at 'The Corner'

i heard that shed was closing....im very relieved to hear that there is to be an alternative service continuing this very worthwhile, and unfortunately necessary, work. :)

x

Thanks Sophie, more kind words.

We are working hard to continue the good work of Shed and to bring some new and fresh perspectives too.

A quick message to those who have PM'd us: I have just been trying to respond only to discover that I have to have made five posts before I am allowed to reply. I will do this and I will reply to anyone who sends a message.

I afraid this won't happen today though because I have to rush off and prep for our open day.

Thanks for your patience.

If you question is really urgent or if you just want to come and see what we are about then please drop by and see us today at our open day 11 am - 4 pm at 91-93 Division Street.

Hope to see you later,

John

Best of luck with the open day. It's valuable work you're doing.

Thanks Wilf.

We had a brilliant open day. Lots of young people came to see us and we had a great time.

Thanks to everyone for their support.

Cheers,

John

Hi all,

I just need one more post and I can reply to my PM's.......

.........and this is it!

Cheers,

John