Walk In Centre, Royal Hallamshire Hospital

I was just wondering how many of you have used the service of the Walk in centre at the Hallamshire? And did you think it was a good service?

Only reason I ask is because there are plans that this service, along with the Minor Injuries Unit may be closing next year and moving down to Broad Lane, where the GP centre is based. Not sure how many people are aware of this.

Not for many years, but I found it a good service. I wouldn't expect that to alter just because it is provided from a different location.

I used it recently when I had a cat bite me very hard when I was trying to help it after it getting knocked over. They were fantastic and I was seen very very quickly!

Broad Lane or Hallamshire - if the injury is serious enough to go then it wouldn't matter to me where it is.

On the odd occasion I've used the walk-in they've been very good, but if you're that ill or injured enough to warrant a visit, the location isn't that important. Both are fairly central.

Do you think the location of the walk in centre where it is at the moment (Hallamshire Hospital) is a good place for it to be? I was just thinking would it affect many people to move it down to Broad Lane?

I have been to the walk-in centre today and staff were friendly and helpful waiting time also wasn't bad.

Don't think the location will affect anyone as if you need to go you will wherever the location.

Both are pretty central.

I'm a big fan of the Broad Lane centre. For one thing it's 24/7 (not sure the Hallamshire one is?) and you can park outside (something notoriously difficult at Hallamshire). And it's been quick when I've been to it. But if the Hallamshire one closes, maybe it'll be much busier? I'm a fan of the NHS, but when I'm ill I generally actually am ill and waiting for GP appointment some 4-5 days later doesn't cut it.

Wheres Broad lane? Yeah, I went into the drop in centre the other day. They were very friendly and only had to wait about 45seconds before being seen by nurse.

I've used the minor injuries unit on a number of occasions (I'm very good at breaking myself since my balance started to give up on me!) and whether it's been with a cut which needed stitching or for x-rays when the doctor thought I had broken my ankle instead of spraining it each visit has been handled quickly, efficiently and I've been patched up and back out of the door in less than an hour, even including time for x-rays and the like.

If they were to move the minor injuries unit to Broad Lane my worry would be that facilities for x-rays and the like would no longer be available and the only alternative available would be a 6 hour trip to A&E at the Northern General (which only has accessible parking for 3 people at a time!) putting further pressure on the service.

What they are proposing is here:

http://www.sheffield.nhs.uk/consultations/walkin/info.php

you can state ur veiws on this here:

http://www.sheffield.nhs.uk/consultations/walkin/

I used walkin the other day and although they couldn't help me they made me a doctors appointment ensuring i got one for the next day at my own gps.

I have been to the Hallamshire walk in once. Two nurses on, 1 seemed very pleasant the other seemed as though she couldn't stand the job. The pleasant one saw 3 people to the others 1. After being quoted waiting of 1 1/4 hours I eventually got looked at after 3 hours 20 mins. I copped for the sour faced one. Was told I had an insect bite and take some analgesic cream for it. Took all of 1 minute 30 secs. Didn't bother to hang around to give my details, she was obviously busy enough to take up any more of her valuable time! So my first visit didn't go down to well. Will have to be desperate to chance going there again, my nerves couldn't take it.

Edited by Idler