Snooker - Has Jimmy White had his day?

Poor old Jimmy White, Knocked out of the world championship in the first round. Does anyone think Jimmy will ever be able to make it to another final or has Jimmy had his day? Its not as if he hasn't had his chances. He's been runner up 6 times I think.

Sadly Jimmy will always be stuck with the bridesmaid tag. The standard of the game is so high these days and is basically a young mans game. He will always be the fans favourite and will still produce the odd flash of brilliance but unfortunately I see him drifting out of the top 16 in a few years and staying out. It would be nice if he could prove me wrong. ;)

Jimmys had his best year by far & he could reach the final again, just this was sods law that he was expected to do better this year after a good year in general!

He could do what Goran Ivanisevic did with Wimbledon!

2 weeks ago he won the players final.

That was the first final he has won in the last 12 years!

I think that's why he has had so much expectation heaped on him this year and would indicate he's not past it.

Shame he has gone out so early.

Nomme

JIMMY"THE BRIDESMAID" WHITE is his new title. There was only ever one storm in snooker and that was THE HURRICANE.

afraid to say it yes he has, i am a jimmy white fan always have been always will be his snooker on his day was entertaining , but am afraid he just hasn't got what it take to be in the top 16 anymore.

You really have to admire him, seven finals & not one title, i think that might have sunk most players into calling it a day, that fact hes still out there competing shows his love of the game.

Good luck to him, whatever the future brings

Go Jimmy, as his fans would say

Edited by brett1uk
spelling

I can tell you that Jimmy still loves the game as much, if not more than ever. He's getting a bit of a lifeline at the moment with the new ranking events that are being played, but...i doubt he'll ever regain his place amongst the elite again, not consistant enough.

jimmy white is so good on playing snooker but i still go for my country man marlon manalo. .