Ian Botham or Freddie Flintoff

just wondering what you guys thought about who you think was/is the better player?

Flintoff is at a relatively early stage of his career but shows all the signs of becoming a Botham - i think they're very much of the same mould - or not? Botham was always such an exciting batsman to watch although very often gave away a cheap wicket - flintoffs batting seems to be coming on these days and is becoming more 'solid'

i will never forget the ashes match in 1981 at the Oval !!! :thumbsup:

Botham was an excellent all rounder. I've not seen enough of Flintoff so I can't really comment. You mention about Botham giving his wicket away cheaply, I think the same can be said of Brian Lara who is an excellent batsman when all is going well but never seems to be able to bat through when the going is tough.

reading my post again i haven't mentioned anything about their bowling ability but i mean to include that of course - i think here they're pretty evenly matched too with flintoff being slightly quicker but botham was able to swing the ball a lot more

and yes i probably agree with lara in that he can sometimes be a little inconsistent but he is none the less a great great batsmen - i think he probably averages above 50 - not the greatest captain though

I think on the whole I would rather have Tendulkar in my team than Lara as I thik Tendulkar is the more reliable of the 2. Botham was also a great fielder on his day he could be the hero.

Nah not tendulkar

id stick with Lara, they guy performs when it really matters. Someone breaks his record and then he goes and retains his record by breaking it again. That shows class. May i say against England on both occasions on the very same ground.

More too cricket than breaking the occasional record though. Tendulkar is much better at protecting his wicket when needing that all important innings and is able to grind out a innings. I've seen Lara get out all too often with some silly unnecessary shots.

ok but his performance has been mixed not been on the good side because unlike Tendulkar, Lara has the added responsibility of captaining his nation. Look at Stewart, he had better days wid the bat when a wicketkeeper than when he was capatin (on the odd occation).

Lara has scored more than 9,000 Test runs and 8,500 in one-day internationals and his is the wicket bowlers prize most when facing West Indies.

Ian Botham or Freddie Flintoff

I thought it was Andrew Flintoff :?

Or am I missing something?

Gaz

Originally posted by GazB

I thought it was Andrew Flintoff :?

Or am I missing something?

Gaz

well yea but he's affectionatley known as 'freddie'

errrrmmm yeh

but culdnt think of anything to talk bout freddie or erm botham !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just Dug This One Up From Over A Year Ago.Anyone Wish To Comment?