Dishonored looks interesting

It's a first person assassination game that reacts to how much collateral damage you do, and I believe that even though it's an assasination game you can play it in with non lethal takedowns which is a bit intriguing. Harvey Smith who worked on the original Deus Ex and Thief games is working on this

You can stealth your way through or you can go rambo and the game adapts and you are encouraged to experiment to find innovative solutions to problems so it doesn't sound like it's too heavily scripted like a movie where you nudge the game along to the next cutscene and some overpaid actor spends 10 minutes waffling while you go make a coffee because you can't do anything.

The NPC's don't seem to be spawned so if there's an incident involving some of the NPC's and you take them out beforehand then the incident doesn't happen.

http://www.dishonored.com/

The trailer looks fun, I'm not keen on assassination but the first person, stealth and non lethal possibilities appeal to me and it is down as a definite maybe once it's out.

I like the idea of it, I just doubt I'll play because of the silly other worldy setting, really takes me out of the character.

I'm dissapointed that there's only a cinematic trailer, games who's marketing is based entirely around rendered footage should fail imo. It's like they're saying that this is the kinda thing they're trying to create. This, to me is the equivelant of Lada showing a Ferrari as their new car, because that's kinda what they wanted to make.

Deus ex was supposed to be a stealth type game I just ended up killing everyone

Edited by denomis

Deus ex was supposed to be a good quality game but I turned it off after about half an hour. What a cliched pile that was.

That looks interesting. Though how often have you heard game hype about the game adapting top the way you play only to find those 'adaptations' are very small and don't impact the overall story of events at all?

It does look like it's worth some time reading about though.

I quite enjoyed deus ex, I even managed to stealth it and I saved all the major characters including the helicopter pilot, took me ages to figure that one out

I quite enjoyed deus ex, I even managed to stealth it and I saved all the major characters including the helicopter pilot, took me ages to figure that one out

It was a good game but at the end I came across David sarif shot him in the face and he died and nothing happens :confused:

hmm I don't remember that ending, there were three possible endings weren't there ?

there was a merge with the machine ending and I'm blowed if I can remember the other two

I may have to dig it out and play it again

AAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh wrong deus ex, I'm talking about the original

Just watched the E3 footage of this and I've changed my mind, it looks the nuts tbh. Quite looking forward to it now.

just found the walkthroughs on youtube, the protagonist seems a touch overpowered but it's still looking extremely good, plus he's an assassin with supernatural powers but by completing sidequests you can get other people to do the actual assassination so for those of us who just like the stealth and stealing everything that ain't nailed down aspect you can actually play and win without killing anyone

but the run and gun guys can climb to victory up heaps of bodies drowning in gore should they so desire

I'm seriously tempted, I doubt it will run on my PC though, just have to see