View Full Version : Do you ever get the feeling something good is going to happen?

miniminch
26-03-2006, 19:15
Do you ever get the feeling that something good is going to happen? I mean big. Something life changing; something that will turn your world upside down, something that will make you believe in life again; like you once did?

Maybe itís the clock change or the longer nights or the warmer air slowly creeping in over the horizon. Maybe the moons are aligned; maybe Iím mad.

But surely as the buds appear on the trees and the grey skies fill with colour, there is a new sense of optimism. Itís like Brit Pop or New Labour; only this time itís real; it has meaning; it wonít let you down.

Do you ever get the feeling that you are so near to something you can reach out and touch it and yet, you donít know what it is? A new life; death or love?

Somewhere, though you donít know it, there is a love waiting for you. A love that is so specific to you; so tailored made for your needs, so completing; that it will be dead until you find it and give it the oxygen to burn. You activate it. Like a poem thatís never read, is just ink and yellowing paper. Or a dream you never tell; before long is reclaimed, like a cliff path, into decaying memory.

Psychiatrists call it transference, lovers call it poetry, and dreamers call it sub consciousness.

And what of this bullet with your name on it? What if you never find the trigger? This weapon of class destruction? Shall it rust and fold into the earth? When you find it will it strike you in the heart? Do you still have a heart?

Walking though town today Ė I got the feeling that I was close to something good. Then the warm rain fell into a sunlit street. My heart stopped! Maybe that was the thing. That moment. You know when you realised that there is nothing really to fear if your mind is open to this world. And that you donít think too much.

What now for Miniminch? He is lonely, formless and unreal. Maybe that is the prelude; the nothingness before the hurricane; the death before life.

Are you still reading?

Maybe her name is Rachael, Lucy or Sarah. Maybe her hair will flow like a river. Maybe Iím the name on her bullet. Maybe she is lost like me.

Do you ever get the feeling that something really good is going to happen? Do you ever get the feeling that sunshine and rain complement each other perfectly? Do you ever get the feeling that Iím on the wrong board? That you shouldnít post something but you do?

Do you ever get the feeling that you canít respond to a topic? Do you ever get the feeling that you should do something stupid; push the boat out Ė I do Ė Iím starting today.

Swan_Vesta
26-03-2006, 19:56
Mini,

Cut down on the LSD ::P . No I don't ever get the feeling that something good is about to happen, I prefer to think about something sh*t happening then I'm either proved right or pleasantly suprised.

Halibut
26-03-2006, 20:00
Wow. What can I say. That's a hell of a post. Short answer to your question?
Yes, sometimes I do.

EdnaKrabappe
26-03-2006, 20:08
Bloomin heck Mister M, that's as near to the other you as you've ever been on this site! :)

And in answer to your question, I try to wake up every day feeling this.

Don't let yesterday take up too much of today (will Rogers - whoever he is)

SpiderPete
26-03-2006, 20:11
gosh man that was soooooo deep.

anyway - to answer your question --- yes I do , this week from Wednesday to next Monday will be a changing time for me, I can feel it in my blood.... ;)

StarSparkle
26-03-2006, 20:11
I know exactly what you mean, Mini

I have the same feeling.

StarSparkle :)

Lotti
26-03-2006, 20:27
Wow Miniminch,

That's really deep, and quite romantic actually!

What a great post, 'ever get the feeling you can't respond to a topic?' YEP!

I have to say, this makes an extremely pleasant change to your usual posts! Keep em coming!

I'm a bit overwhelmed as you can see but maybe when I've recovered from my speechless state, I'll post again!

donkey
26-03-2006, 20:38
Normally I'd say yes, I know what you mean, but I've just finished watching Darren Brown so I'm a bit cynical at the moment.

You haven't been hypnotised have you?:cool:

GothicCharm
26-03-2006, 20:47
Yes I do sometimes.

Wow Mini that's deep! And as lotti said it sounded really romantic.

:) you romantic you.

threecolours
26-03-2006, 21:42
Mini...Ive not really posted here for a while but remember you. This isnt like you (bet you're getting fed up on ppl saying that!). Im kinda waiting for the punch line from you...

But I agree with the opening bit definitely. I last felt like that on Thursday and probably cos it was soo sunny. Just hope the feeling that good things will continue to happen...comes good! ;-)

*hopes you've pushed 'your boat out' and had a good weekend*

speeed
26-03-2006, 21:47
Nope, saying that nothing good ever happens unless you make it.

sTaGeWaLkEr
26-03-2006, 22:07
I've noticed that in general, some people refer to Miniminch as being 'deep'......alluding that it's a bad thing.

Could it be that actually, other people are sometimes perhaps just a tad shallow?

Just a thought!

(to clarify, this is a general statement, nor particularly related to this post, and is not directed at any individual in particular)

Miniminch, just for the record. Your posts usually make me think, smile, and reflect. They also remind me that I have the amazing ability to 'feel', something we sometimes forget in life. So thank you!

And don't go changing!

But in answer to your question, no! :hihi:

***:)***

Godzilla
27-03-2006, 11:59
In answer to Miniminch: I once had a wonderful dream in which I felt much of what you describe. In the dream there were sand martins flying around some cliffs. I still get an echo of that dream feeling whenever I see sand martins, house martins or swallows. Can't wait for the little things to get here from Africa.

Tipex
27-03-2006, 12:01
Could have cut that short by keeping to the thread title there dude.

mandy25
27-03-2006, 12:19
sometimes when i'm entering a competition i get the feeling i'm going to win and I do and other times it turns out to be wishful thinking

CherryNicole
27-03-2006, 12:39
I think I love you Mini :love:

katy1981
27-03-2006, 12:58
wow!! mini that was great!

im totally speachless :o

and in answer to your question
i used to feel very pesamistic and belived that if one good thing happened to me it will soon be destroyed and something ten times worse will happen:( BUT!.............. recently my feelings have changed on this subject and yes i belive something big and magical and so extrodinary is going to change me in many ways and i feel has already begun ;)

keep these threads coming mini they make me smile inside and fill me with optomisim:D

Don_Kiddick
27-03-2006, 19:32
Awww Mini - how well you cut n paste from chain emails then edit the end :hihi:

But in answer - yes - I get that feeling on the eve of every new month as the Premium Bonds are drawn on the first.

And so far I have won a prize almost every monthe for the past 8 months :clap:

depoix
27-03-2006, 19:49

But in answer - yes - I get that feeling on the eve of every new month as the Premium Bonds are drawn on the first.

And so far I have won a prize almost every monthe for the past 8 months :clap:arnt you supposed to be a millionare this month? it could be mini has seen your future

Lotti
27-03-2006, 20:28

This did enter my mind, but also because we've analysed similar articles for synoptic essays in English taken from the guardian paper!

But I still think it's very romantic of miniminch, I've never read a post like that by him, can't wait for the next time they let him out to use a pc (about once a month or so) and he can reply!

HappyHoosier
27-03-2006, 20:38
Dear Mini:
I think I know why Rachael, Lucy or Sarah put your name on their bullets.

Seriously, though, you should join the forum's creative writing group. Your poetic post is brilliant, like summat out of Walt Whitman's "Leaves of Crass."

HappyHoosier
27-03-2006, 20:39
Erm, I meant "Leaves of Grass." Really.

Pauly
27-03-2006, 20:43
Do you ever get the feeling that something good is going to happen? I mean big. Something life changing; something that will turn your world upside down, something that will make you believe in life again; like you once did?

Maybe itís the clock change or the longer nights or the warmer air slowly creeping in over the horizon. Maybe the moons are aligned; maybe Iím mad.

But surely as the buds appear on the trees and the grey skies fill with colour, there is a new sense of optimism. Itís like Brit Pop or New Labour; only this time itís real; it has meaning; it wonít let you down.

Do you ever get the feeling that you are so near to something you can reach out and touch it and yet, you donít know what it is? A new life; death or love?

Somewhere, though you donít know it, there is a love waiting for you. A love that is so specific to you; so tailored made for your needs, so completing; that it will be dead until you find it and give it the oxygen to burn. You activate it. Like a poem thatís never read, is just ink and yellowing paper. Or a dream you never tell; before long is reclaimed, like a cliff path, into decaying memory.

Psychiatrists call it transference, lovers call it poetry, and dreamers call it sub consciousness.

And what of this bullet with your name on it? What if you never find the trigger? This weapon of class destruction? Shall it rust and fold into the earth? When you find it will it strike you in the heart? Do you still have a heart?

Walking though town today Ė I got the feeling that I was close to something good. Then the warm rain fell into a sunlit street. My heart stopped! Maybe that was the thing. That moment. You know when you realised that there is nothing really to fear if your mind is open to this world. And that you donít think too much.

What now for Miniminch? He is lonely, formless and unreal. Maybe that is the prelude; the nothingness before the hurricane; the death before life.

Are you still reading?

Maybe her name is Rachael, Lucy or Sarah. Maybe her hair will flow like a river. Maybe Iím the name on her bullet. Maybe she is lost like me.

Do you ever get the feeling that something really good is going to happen? Do you ever get the feeling that sunshine and rain complement each other perfectly? Do you ever get the feeling that Iím on the wrong board? That you shouldnít post something but you do?

Do you ever get the feeling that you canít respond to a topic? Do you ever get the feeling that you should do something stupid; push the boat out Ė I do Ė Iím starting today.

Who are you and what've you done with Miniminch. This post is far too optimistic, open minded and hasn't enough cyncism for it to be you. :roll: Good luck with it anyway though.

lizzmobile
27-03-2006, 22:13
I've gone all tingley-woo.

I get that feeling every full moon...

Mr Prime
28-03-2006, 00:06
Yes, when the mother in law gets palpitations and chest pains.