Mother & Baby group S13 area?

Hi hoping you mummies & dadies can help me out please! :)

I am a 1st time mum to a 15week old baby boy and am desperate to start going to a baby group as he is much more awake during the day now and will be great for us to both get out of the house and socialize with other mums and babies.

We live in S13 woodhouse and I am aware that they run a baby&toddler group on a wednesday at woodhouse childrens centre, but after ringing and speaking to the lady today there are more toddlers and it sounds more like a place to go just have a chat and a coffee.

Can anyone recommend anywhere friendly, I don't mind going out of woodhouse area as I have a car, but I really want somewhere other than just a coffee shop iykwim? Friends I have that live in other parts of the country seem to have brilliant groups that do nursery rhymes etc

Thanks in advance! :)

We met Gemma from pyjama drama on sunday and her group sounds wonderful they do one at Woodhouse dragons in the middle of the village on a friday morning. She said she has had babies at 4 months go so that might be worth a visit. I picked up an nct booklet from the childrens centre in woodhouse that has some different groups in it. Out at the moment so i will look it up when i get home. Have a look online for rattle and roll as well.

Thanks for your reply. I had heard something about the group on Friday morning but forgot about it so thanks for reminding me! I'll see if I can get in contact with them to see what its all about.

Hello,

How lovely that people are talking about Pyjama Drama! The dewdrops class is at 11.30 on Fridays. If you'd like to email me at gemma@pyjamadrama.com i can sent you more info, you can also look on the website http://www.pyjamadrama.com

The mums at the class are lovely. Some of them met at the Athelstan children's centre, Handsworth. I know they have a Tiny Teds group on a Tuesday PM : )

Hope that helps,

Gemma

there is also a baby and toddler group at the manor childrens centre, behind the lidl just off prince of wales road for 0-5 years that runs on a friday 12.30-2.30 x

There's lots more stuff at the children's centre, not just the toddler group

The breastfeeding group used to be brilliant when H was small - and wasn't exclusive to breastfeeders as weaning advice was available too, and there were mums who were mixed feeding, so it wasn't unusual to see a baby being bottle fed during the session

We also did baby massage there, and I think there's some suggestion of 'play and say' running again

Give the toddler group a go too. I was like you and hated the idea of mums nattering around coffee, but the dynamics of the toddler group at the moment really aren't cliquey, and you won't be the only one with a baby of that age there at the moment :thumbsup: